Airfix 2018 range announcement due 10.00 09/01/2018

Stephen

Lightning F6 24th please.....

But i'd take a big Lanc as well

Or maybe a glass nosed two stage Mossie in 48th or 24th...... 

• Like 1

It's 10.22 am Tuesday morning here in NZ so I have to admit that I'm a bit dissapointed at the big announcement  which I have just read as everybody here lives in your future.

Whilst the announcement of a boxed set of 100 of the RAFS most iconic aircraft in 1/24th scale is amazing .the RRP of 98,000 uk pounds is a bit steep.

On reflection tho ,the inclusion of TWO  pre-fab houses to both build and display the collection in , IS good value . But then again we would still need to buy the sections to put them on ( tho no doubt the aftermarket boys will go into realty to sort it out ? ) but why oh why  can't Airfix just provide everything in the box ?

I will pass on this release  as 1/24th Isn't my scale and the shipping cost to New Zealand is insane !

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Charlie Hugo said:

Nope the 72nd Defiant (2014) preceeded the 48th scale (2016) one. There was also a reports that Airfix could not just upscale the 72nd scale one but had to create neww masters etc due to differing requirements for detail and tooling.

I stand corrected, must be getting old :Ssomewhere in my mind it was the other way around...

Still i am so curious what they have to show us, can't wait :party:

Maybe a new Hercules in 1/72.....

22 minutes ago, Neil Lambess said:

It's 10.22 am Tuesday morning here in NZ so I have to admit that I'm a bit dissapointed at the big announcement  which I have just read as everybody here lives in your future.

Whilst the announcement of a boxed set of 100 of the RAFS most iconic aircraft in 1/24th scale is amazing .the RRP of 98,000 uk pounds is a bit steep.

On reflection tho ,the inclusion of TWO  pre-fab houses to both build and display the collection in , IS good value . But then again we would still need to buy the sections to put them on ( tho no doubt the aftermarket boys will go into realty to sort it out ? ) but why oh why  can't Airfix just provide everything in the box ?

I will pass on this release  as 1/24th Isn't my scale and the shipping cost to New Zealand is insane !

Sorry Neil, going to have to 'burst yer bubble', New Zealand ISN'T in the future, it's just 13,000 miles East of Grenwich, THAT'S where your problem lies :whistle:

So, the site where you got your eronious information from AIN'T pukka Airfix!

Oh, THIS is getting silly, O.K., you win, I'm now going to tell you what the hoo ha is about..........................................after all it's ONLY 11:45 hours early

.........................................cast your minds back a few years, while 21st Century models where still around (pre Home Bargains)

add to this the adage 'old moulds never die, just move to pastures new'............................

WELL......................

21st Century had been running an ad campaign with regard to a new model that they HAD the moulds for.............................

SO, Ladies and Gentlemen, the NEW, all singing and dancing model is from these very same moulds, I give you..........................

THE newest Airfix Kit for 2018.......................................THE.............................................

McDonnell / Douglas F-4J PhantomII................................IN.....................................1/16th Scale

:wicked:

• Haha 1

What ever PhoenixII is on I want some...........................:bounce:

1/24 Spitfire  :banghead:

Dick

WOW ...now nearly the end of page 15 :analintruder:

1 hour ago, Neil Lambess said:

Hang about Neil - at that retail price Airfix offer free Worldwide postage, so your still in with a shot!

Cheers... Dave  

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, ABeck said:

spectacular and iconic:

Camel 24 Lancaster 48

Bulldog 24 Lancaster 48

Fury 24 Lancaster 48

Gladiator 24 Lancaster 48

Hurricane 24 Lancaster 48

Spitfire 24,    Griffon 48 Lancaster 48

Mossie 48 Lancaster 48

Lancaster 48

DH.88 Comet 48,72  (well, not 100 years of RAF)

WW1 British Heavy Tank 48

Just my 2 Pennies

Andreas Beck

Just corrected that for you. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aeronut said:

Having just looked at the forthcoming offerings for Corgi and Hornby my depressive nature has kicked in, I now fear that I'm going to be disappointed at Airfix's choice of new tooling and underwhelmed at the re-issues. 

Hornby has several new tool locos and rolling stock items. I did not see much that was completely new in the Corgi line-up.

:hmmm:Corgi, or throwing money down a bottomless hole.......

Guess I'll just keep throwing money into the hole!

Looks like the new boss has bought a lead for the bean counters:goodjob:

Paul

Agree I cannot see any “New Tool” banners against Corgi’s 2018 releases however it does state that this is a Jan-Jun catalogue so perhaps there’s more to offer from July onwards. There’s certainly a RAF 100 flavour so we may just see a series of re-released Airfix boxes this half year with more Airfix news in the second half. Could be their new marketing strategy? 

Cheers.. Dave 

9 1/2 hours to go. Do I risk ultimate disappointment and set my alarm for 5am (US East Coast time) to get the big reveal live or just see it at my normal wake up time? Definitely, set the alarm early.

Only happens once a year VMA so have an early night to be fresh for the early wake up. 

Better still, set the alarm for 0430 and ask the wife to wake up before you to get the coffee and donuts ready - that way you can catch up on the all the funny pre-prediction posts that naturally take place during events like this.  

Thankfully it’ll be 8:00pm where I live so I’ll sit back and enjoy all this chit chat after dinner. 

Cheers and may the early wake be worthwhile... Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Only happens once a year VMA so have an early night to be fresh for the early wake up. 

Better still, set the alarm for 0430 and ask the wife to wake up before you to get the coffee and donuts ready - that way you can catch up on the all the funny pre-prediction posts that naturally take place during events like this.  

Thankfully it’ll be 8:00pm where I live so I’ll sit back and enjoy all this chit chat after dinner. 

Cheers and may the early wake be worthwhile... Dave. 

If I ask the wife to get coffee and donuts ready at 4:30, I won't live to see the announcement at 5...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Well, I'll go with my last year's confident prediction of a 1/24th Beverley, but I would probably settle for 1/48th if I really, really had to.

One year I'll be right - probably 2050.

Edited by KevinK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, KevinK said:

Well, I'll go with my last year's confident prediction of a 1/24th Beverley, but I would probably settle for 1/48th if I really, really had to.

One year I'll be right - probably 2050.

All we need is a decent sci -fi / Indiana Jones type movie where the Hero flies a Beverley in a Dan Dare style attack on the 1950s era flying saucers  (Then we will be rejoicing at the Airfix news :))

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Just corrected that for you. :D

Well done !!!

You straightened my expectation down to esperance.

Would be a strong commitment for  R/M  to rework and re-issue their B-17 and B-24 with state of the art surface structure.:pie:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jenko said:

Did I mention  1/24 Spitfire ??

Dick

No, I don't think you had, I think it's the first time it's been mentioned.