Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Stephen

Airfix 2018 range announcement due 10.00 09/01/2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chris57 said:

23 hours 56 minutes to go:penguin:

 

...... and now it's 23 hours and 55 minutes to go..... !! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 593jones said:

My two pennorth is that the big news will be a V-bomber box set, Valiant, Victor and new tool Vulcan.  In a very big box!  Pre-orders accepted on the 9th of January.  :)

Been put back to 1 April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The facebook page actually states that the 2018 range is being launched on the 10th. No mention of any new tools, etc ??

I'll bet they are all existing kits with new schemes or re-releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's a single big new kit announcement among re-releases - that should be a big bomber in 1/72 or a medium bomber or jet fighter in 1/48 or 1/24. So it's either 1/72 Vulcan, or 1/48 Phantom, or 1/24 Spitfire.

 

Although RAF anniversary set in 1/72 can be an option too. And that should be with one or two new tool kit among other models. In that case my bet:

Camel (new tool)

Gladiator (or maybe Tiger Moth)

Spitfire (or metal wing Hurricane?)

Hunter new tool or downscaled Meteor (can be EE Lightning though)

Phantom FGR.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, bradleygolding said:

Well that is the RAF's Birthday!

 

Steve

And the RAF still haven't seen the joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

 

Just to note that the 2018 Hornby releases have been announced.

 

Obviously there are different takes on it, but MY opinion is that it is relatively conservative, only a few "new" releases and quite a lot of re-releases and new liveries.  The new releases do seem to have been carefully chosen and "should" be popular, but not what most would describe as an adventurous or "spectacular" year.   

 

I hope they make money.

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, triumphfan said:

The facebook page actually states that the 2018 range is being launched on the 10th. No mention of any new tools, etc ??

I'll bet they are all existing kits with new schemes or re-releases.

 

 

Says at the top of their page " 2018 Range Launch - Tuesday 9th January, 10:00GMT "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know .... I'm really disappointed with this thread.  :S

 

 

Less than one day to go and we have only used up 13 pages ................ what is this site coming too !!!  :crying:

 

In the old days we would have been on the second or third  version of it.  :innocent:

 

For heavens sake the facts speak for them selves..................

 

50% will be over joyed .... while the other 50% will be sad. :whistle:

 

 

Come on lets use up more space ...it keeps the mods busy .....:clap2:

 

 

It's a Spitfire by the way :smartass:

 

 

Dick

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the 1/48 sea vixen will be reissued , along with the Buccaneer. Would be REALLY good to see the new Phantom in 1/48.  New tool Spitfire mk1a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jenko said:

Do you know .... I'm really disappointed with this thread.  :S

 

 

Less than one day to go and we have only used up 13 pages ................ what is this site coming too !!!  :crying:

 

In the old days we would have been on the second or third  version of it.  :innocent:

 

For heavens sake the facts speak for them selves..................

 

50% will be over joyed .... while the other 50% will be sad. :whistle:

 

 

Come on lets use up more space ...it keeps the mods busy .....:clap2:

 

 

It's a Spitfire by the way :smartass:

 

 

Dick

 

 

Nah!! Just wait 10.01 am tomorrow. It'll be the start of a 40+ page whinefest about what wasn't rather than a 40+ page celebration of what was!:lol:

 

Allan

ps I utterly, sincerely hope it isn't yet another Spitfire ( or any other done to death already WWII type!!) in any scale, shape or form:P

pps - I'll bet it ISN'T a Vulcan (or a 1/48 Lancaster!!)

ppps - Large portion of freshly baked Humble pie on standby!:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'll be sitting there expectantly at ten tomorrow with a cup of tea in my hand. Not sure why as I'll probably never buy any of them but it will give me something to vaguely look forward to tomorrow morning. Not nearly as exciting as seeing the first episode of Batman in 1966.:party:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is a re-release of the OO/HO Trackside Series brought up to date. 

 

Booking Hall - including no staff and locked toilets

 

Fence and Gates - with trespassing youths

 

Signal Gantry - complete with cable thieves and van 

 

Etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

..... Let's get back to the important stuff shall we? 

 

08 Jan - Half of day 5 was required and the Aussies are now celebrating a 4-0 Ashes series win, so I was about 80% correct on that one. 

Between us we were 100% right about the duration. I think the draw even shocked the England Team. Well I say team........ :( 

 

As I've just got a cheap 48th Tamiya Lancaster I'll bet this late comer is the right choice. Not sure about the Phantom as at least some were ex-Naval and unlikely to be celebrated by the RAF. Ditto the Buccaneer. 

 

Hmm.... the Airfix footballer figures makes me wonder if cricketers may be coming along. Perhaps W.G. Grace, Geoff Boycott and the current team 'stars'????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jenko said:

Do you know .... I'm really disappointed with this thread.  :S

 

 

Less than one day to go and we have only used up 13 pages ................ what is this site coming too !!!  :crying:

 

In the old days we would have been on the second or third  version of it.  :innocent:

 

For heavens sake the facts speak for them selves..................

 

50% will be over joyed .... while the other 50% will be sad. :whistle:

 

 

Come on lets use up more space ...it keeps the mods busy .....:clap2:

 

 

It's a Spitfire by the way :smartass:

 

 

Dick

 

 

Dick Your such a little tease. I notice you've made no mention of your job with the Hornby design team or is that still hush-hush:rolleyes:. perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris57 said:

Dick Your such a little tease. I notice you've made no mention of your job with the Hornby design team or is that still hush-hush:rolleyes:. perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it.

You mentioned it once but I think you've got away with it :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could well be a 1/48 Lancaster, I’ve recently acquired a Tamiya one... I would like a reissue of their Mk.I Spitfire, can’t find it for love nor money and I want one for the RAF Birthday GB. New tool Euro Typhoon would be welcome in my household too (so long as the wife doesn’t catch me sneaking it in).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gunpowder17 said:

Maybe the 1/48 sea vixen will be reissued , along with the Buccaneer. Would be REALLY good to see the new Phantom in 1/48.  New tool Spitfire mk1a.

Unlikely - the Buccaneer molds are said to be beyond repair. Of course a new tool Buccaaeer would be possible... Tanmodel also announced one. Would not be the first time that severeal companies announce the same new kit (P-51 anybody?).

Another new tool Mk1? The latest is just two (?) years old. Or did I miss the joke? :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, IanC said:

My guess is a re-release of the OO/HO Trackside Series brought up to date. 

 

Booking Hall - including no staff and locked toilets

 

Fence and Gates - with trespassing youths

 

Signal Gantry - complete with cable thieves and van 

 

Etc.  

 

Would that include...

 

Village Church - Converted into luxury flats

 

Signal box - Demolised and replaced with a Tesco Express

 

Service station - Closed but now operating as a 5 min car wash

 

Detached house - converted into more flats

 

Country Inn - Extensively re-built into a "Hungry Horse" full of screaming kids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

 

Would that include...

 

Village Church - Converted into luxury flats

 

Signal box - Demolised and replaced with a Tesco Express

 

Service station - Closed but now operating as a 5 min car wash

 

Detached house - converted into more flats

 

Country Inn - Extensively re-built into a "Hungry Horse" full of screaming kids

Steve

 

Can tell you are from Weston AKA Tesco Super Mare

 

Now where is that Airfix Pier kit - maybe that's the new tool!

Edited by trickydicky210

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, chris57 said:

Dick Your such a little tease. I notice you've made no mention of your job with the Hornby design team or is that still hush-hush:rolleyes:. perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it.

 

It's still hush, hush Chris........................ So hush, hush even I don't know about it... :tapedshut:

 

Still bet it's a Spitfire  :tease:

 

Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guilty as charged M'lud! They do like those Tesco Expresses here in Weston. I'm actually a Southend on Sea lad...I bet they're building them all over the place there too!

 

Airfix pier kit? Be interesting if they choose Birnbeck! 

 

Still, there's only one true pier.....in Southend!

 

 

Edited by fightersweep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dug out my Arthur Ward book

 

The Fairy Battle kit is 50 years old in 2018, maybe that's a suitable anniversary for a new tool one - if drawings/existing one are available.

 

Reckon on one of the following (in no particular order)

 

1/48 Lancaster

 

1/24 SPIT Mk 9

 

1/48 Hawker Hunter (FG6 or Twin Seater) - any mark

 

1/48 Tiger Moth

 

1/48 Gladiator

 

1/72 Sea Venom

 

1/48 Chipmunk

 

1/72 Mosquito

 

1/48 Sea King

 

(would be happy with any of the above as new tools).

 

Nearly at 14 pages now Dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×