Airfix 2018 range announcement due 10.00 09/01/2018

Stephen

10 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Airfix pier kit? Be interesting if they choose Birnbeck! 

Nicely covering both civil and military interests - It was HMS Birnbeck during WW2 and it was where the Hedgehog anti-submarine mortar was developed.

Dick is happy.................... :).................................................... thank heaven there are a limited number of emoticons..... :devil:

Place your bets please gentlemen...................

20 pages............................... and a Spitfire     :speak_cool:

Dick the happy :bye:

Well, I'd buy a 1/48 Lancaster and a two-seat Hunter in a heartbeat, might need to sell something to afford them though, how much do kidney's in good condition go for these days?

Anyway, I still have (slim) hopes of a 1/48 Hampden to follow on from the Blenheim in the early war types; let's face it, they could get several re-boxings from this, TB1, Russian markings, a new engine sprue to make a Hereford.

We shall see tomorrow.

1/48 Hampden it is.

Well probably not :-( I doubt they release two twins in 1:48 scale. So more likely the full scale Blue Tits.

Yes I know - but you can decide on any other colour you like best for these...

... still 6 pages till 20...

Now I got It - wondered if the max pages of 40 has been reduced to 20...

If Airfix announces a new tool I suppose it will be either a jet (Hunter, Vampire, Phantom in 1:48 or Buccaneer, Javelin, Sea Vixen in 1:72) or a Seaking in 1:48.

Hack - I should have split this post in seven.

No chance whatever of a 1/48 Hampden in 2018 with a Wellington and 1/48 Blenheim already announced.

But if they sell well, then surely a 1/72 Hampden will follow and only then perhaps a 1/48 Hampden.

spectacular and iconic:

Camel 24

Bulldog 24

Fury 24

Gladiator 24

Hurricane 24

Spitfire 24,    Griffon 48

Mossie 48

Lancaster 48

Comet 48,72  (well, not 100 years of RAF)

Just my 2 Pennies

Andreas Beck

1 hour ago, Denford said:

No chance whatever of a 1/48 Hampden in 2018 with a Wellington and 1/48 Blenheim already announced.

But if they sell well, then surely a 1/72 Hampden will follow and only then perhaps a 1/48 Hampden.

Why only a Hampden in 1/48 after a 1/72?

They released the 1/48 version first with the Defiant and not to speak about the Sea Fury wich CAN  be followed by a 1/72..

Nevertheless everything is possible at Airfix and i think they are having a lot of fun about our speculations ;) and boy we all love to speculate:idea:

But not long before the BIG day:smirk:

Edited by janneman36

27 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

Why only a Hampden in 1/48 after a 1/72?

They released the 1/48 version first with the Defiant and not to speak about the Sea Fury wich CAN  be followed by a 1/72..

Nevertheless everything is possible at Airfix and i think they are having a lot of fun about our speculations ;) and boy we all love to speculate:idea:

But not long before the BIG day:smirk:

Nope the 72nd Defiant (2014) preceeded the 48th scale (2016) one. There was also a reports that Airfix could not just upscale the 72nd scale one but had to create neww masters etc due to differing requirements for detail and tooling.

The ultimate starter set..............

A person in 1/12 scale holding a pistol up in the air with the words .......... on your marks........... get set............ GO!!!

:elephant::cow6::coat:

Happy Dick

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ABeck said:

spectacular and iconic:

Camel 24

Bulldog 24

Fury 24

Gladiator 24

Hurricane 24

Spitfire 24,    Griffon 48

Mossie 48

Lancaster 48

Just my 2 Pennies

Andreas Beck

I'll modify your list a bit:

Camel 1/24

Bulldog 24

Fury 1/24

Gladiator 1/24

Hurricane 1/24

Spitfire I, V, IX 1/24,    Griffon 48

Mossie 48

Lancaster 1/48

EE Lightning 1/24

Hunter 1/48

Harrier GR.1/3/SHAR FRS.1 1/24, 1/48

Vampire 1/48

Buccaneer 1/48

Having just looked at the forthcoming offerings for Corgi and Hornby my depressive nature has kicked in, I now fear that I'm going to be disappointed at Airfix's choice of new tooling and underwhelmed at the re-issues. 

6 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

Having just looked at the forthcoming offerings for Corgi and Hornby my depressive nature has kicked in, I now fear that I'm going to be disappointed at Airfix's choice of new tooling and underwhelmed at the re-issues. 

Thats the spirit.

• Haha 7

What are we at now, 14hrs? Read a good list of cracking ideas for new kits but I'd love to see Airfix bring out a new-tool Hunter in 72nd or 48th and all the more so if it was as a series of versions including at least some of the early straight-wing'd machines and the T-birds. After all it's retarded cousin the Swift made it into plastic so a good Hunter series would help atone for that error <_< Since I've finally tracked down a copy of their SA330 Puma I'm sure they'll announce a vastly improved new kit with a plethora of lovely detail :lol: Although if they do show some cool interwar type in 24th scale such as a Hawker Fury :wub:  or Gladiator or even a Supermarine S6b :wub: in 48th scale or maybe a Dh88 Comet I'd still give them my money. Heck if it's a Spitfire here's hoping they do a less common type such as the Vc or XIV that everyone who wants Spitfires seems to want most even though I'd want it to be a 24th scale Seafire 'cause I'm weird that way.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to work on my model kits. Airfix are about to tell us what new ones they will release soon and, along with the iminent Sea Fury kit, I need to make some room in the stash for them :) 

• Like 4

I'm not up to speed with any rumour mill or anything, but on the theme of V bombers I hope they do a 1/72 retooled Vulcan some time soon. At IPMS I asked a guy at the airfix booth about the current Victor and how easy it was to convert it to the tanker variant, he said an upgrade kit was 'coming soon' to do just that, maybe that's going to be announced. I'd also like a decent new tool Jag at any scale from 1/72 to 1/32. That's pretty much all that's on my wishlist.

Oh maybe another run of the Valiants. I can't find one at all now.

My guesses for what they're worth...

2018 : 100 years of the RAF, must be an early type, camel in a large scale would be my bet.

2019 : 50 years since the first man on the moon, something Saturn V like for release late in 2018.

Harvard, as they like their trainers.

New Queen Elizabeth carrier for their RN fix.....