Airfix 2018 range announcement due 10.00 09/01/2018

Stephen

1 hour ago, 593jones said:

My two pennorth is that the big news will be a V-bomber box set, Valiant, Victor and new tool Vulcan.  In a very big box!  Pre-orders accepted on the 9th of January.  :)

Cor! Give 'em a chance, they've got to 'ave a brew at least.....................say the 10th? :wicked:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seboo said:

I was thinking the same but then I've checked the Airfix calendar. It says the new issue will appear next Thursday ( 11/01)

so I reckon the delay had to be decided at least two months ago - before calendar went to the print shop.

The same applies to February and March issues ( both on 8th). In the remaining months it's back to first Thursday of the month.

AH - I spy a cunning plan...

...just after the official announcement eh ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

The informed word on the street the big Airfix announcement on Tuesday is a 1/48 Boeing Aries 1B.

Thomo.

But could you build one without humming The Blue Danube as you do so?
Which indirectly takes us back to V-bombers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It could be that the mag is week later because of the difficulty in getting a mag together over the Christmas/New year period (not trying to get hopes up). If Airfix go down the 48th or 24th route, it will at least save me some money to spend on the S&M Wasp 

16 minutes ago, chris57 said:

I was chatting at Telford with the chap whose taken on the Magna range and he was telling me the Hornby engineers were discussing the Belfast mould with him. Just saying

The Ship version or the Shorts version?? 

Cheers.. Dave

54 minutes ago, Martin T said:

It could be that the mag is week later because of the difficulty in getting a mag together over the Christmas/New year period (not trying to get hopes up). If Airfix go down the 48th or 24th route, it will at least save me some money to spend on the S&M Wasp 

...they managed to get it out for the 1st week in January for the last 3 years ;) 

44 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

The Ship version or the Shorts version?? 

Cheers.. Dave

Do you mean there are things in this world without wings. Well I never, you learn something new every day:smile:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, chris57 said:

I was chatting at Telford with the chap whose taken on the Magna range and he was telling me the Hornby engineers were discussing the Belfast mould with him. Just saying

Chris, you are VERY naughty, I suggest you go and sit in the corner like a GOOD gentleman..........:whistle:

(As if........:rofl2:)

What's the most iconic RAF aircraft in terms of the one that people most recognize and want to see at airshows? I'd argue that it is the Avro Lancaster. If Airfix want to make big splash for the 100th anniversary, what better choice for a new kit than a 1/48th Lanc. It would sell like hotcakes and would be "spectacular" per the announcement in the latest Airfix Workbench article. 

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 2

Err sorry to rain on the Airfix Magazine conspiracy parade, but I think you'll find it's not related to the company at all. In the same way that the Hornby magazine isn't related to Hornby the company. Both are owned by key publishing...

As to the board, Hornby's now run by the current/former CEO of Oxford Rail, considering how they're doing and where they've come from I'd hazard a guess that he's at least interested in the subject matter, if not a modeller himself, which can only be good for the company. One only needs to look at how Games Workshop was run up until recently under a certain former CEO to see how damaging it can be to a company when the powers that be are more interested in lining their pocket whilst forgetting/ignoring/angering their core market. Thankfully this has now been rectified.

I predict that, whatever is announced, it will be wrong to a vocal proportion... :lalala:

Edited by charlie_c67
  • Like 1

My 2 pence/cents worth, since it's a "SPECTACULAR" announcement by Airfix:

Realistically, either a 1/48 Camel OR 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon to tie in with the RAF's centenary...

Dreamily, a 1/350 Queen Elizabeth CV :D

and half hoping its a new tool 1/24 MkIX spitfire... :rage: which could still work in nicely with the 100th birthday bash!

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

So lets see what Jan 2018 has to offer?

04 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 1  

05 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 2

06 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 3

07 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 4

08 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 5 (if required) - Aussies celebrate 5-0 series win

09 Jan - Airfix 2018 new tool announcement (includes 1/72 DH Venom family!!!)    

Looks like a good start to the new year

Cheers.. Dave

..... Let's get back to the important stuff shall we? 

08 Jan - Half of day 5 was required and the Aussies are now celebrating a 4-0 Ashes series win, so I was about 80% correct on that one. 

09 Jan - Now that time has rolled on a bit, I think my DH Venom family proposal will be 100% wrong! :(

So what do the bookies think? - the Camel, 1/24 Spit and 1/48 Lanc are good possibilities if what we read is just one more new tool announcement.

Sorry, but can't see any Naval jobs if we are trying the celebrate the RAF's 100th.

Cheers and not long now before we all start to moan, cry, shake our heads or (hopefully) jump with joy!!

Dave. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bradleygolding said:

I like the 1/48 Lanc idea, but a 1/24 would be better. Airfix wouldn't would they?

Steve

It'd give longtime Airfix fans a place to live after their wives kick them out of the house, at least.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Well worked out.

Blue Danube was Lockheed Orion III.

There is a serious clue in all this.

Thomo.

Ok...Aries is Mars (and also a ram)  so a god of war either way ..?  Boeing God of some sort ?  Posideon ??? or a 1/12 scale Hal 9000  :P ....

5 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Err sorry to rain on the Airfix Magazine conspiracy parade, but I think you'll find it's not related to the company at all. In the same way that the Hornby magazine isn't related to Hornby the company. Both are owned by key publishing...

I predict that, whatever is announced, it will be wrong to a vocal proportion... :lalala:

As he said ^ and don't forget that the magazines go to press and are published to a timetable planned many many months in advance....