Airfix 2018 range announcement due 10.00 09/01/2018

Stephen

Maybe it is 1/48 Spitfire XIV time then. I always go to that hole in the market. I will until they listen ;)

Sadly I cant see the Vulcan as mentioned above; Airfix are not going to compete with only themselves on that one.

How about a nice 1/72 Bristol Brabazon with authentic spine tingling engine noise? Only £250 after discounts...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Ah cool.  It was locked at 40 pages.  We'll let this'un run then, especially as it's more focused and relevant now.  Let the wishing continue! :santa:

(thanks for the link ;) )

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

for the love of God make the speculation stop......................

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

Sorry - I know it's just everyone's fervent hope for what they want, but as they're not actually hurting anyone at this stage, we're honour bound to let them continue :)

Am I weird that I just wait to see what companies come up with?  If I knew some folks at model companies, which I do I suppose, I would (and have) offer my suggestions if they ask, but I don't mind too much if they ignore me :)  I do remember one company asking for info about the Scimitar, but as that's a few years ago, I'm guessing that was a dead end :shrug: T'weren't Airfix before you ask :ninja:

How about a Martin-Baker MB.3? 1:48 please ^_^

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

...I know it's just everyone's fervent hope for what they want, but as they're not actually hurting anyone at this stage, we're honour bound to let them continue

You are expecting it to escalate to violence at some point Mike? :D

I'm happy with the Wellington. I doubt it will be the only release of the year that will induce me to part with my cash, but if it is, I'm content with that.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

How about a Martin-Baker MB.3? 1:48

Would be very good, but I hope it's going to be a 1/48 DH.88 Comet. Apparently it has been selling well for many years in 1/72, so, pleeeeeeaaaasssssse! :pray:

• Like 1

There seems to be some interest in one of the Airfix pages about a Hampden restoration at Cosford using parts and original drawings.

Meanwhile in my whiling away the dark milennia moments until their announcement i think a new P-47?Yak-9 would be logical

Reusing existing research :

1/48th Swift 1/72 Sea Vixen,Javelin

1/72 SE5A/Camel as its 2018 next year isn't it?

A new Buccaneer in 1/72 or 1/48th or a Phantom FGR2 1/72 because I'm biased

Some revamped tanks in 1/76 to the Cromwell standard for a change.

• Like 1

Perhaps they will re-tool things like the  Fokker Friendship, the Ford Trimotor, Bristol Superfrieghter, Fairey Rotodyne etc? Well, maybe not...

I would love them to re-do the HP 42 airliner and give silver and camo options. Hope there are accurate plans out there.

In reality, more likely to be a Camel I suspect.

I like the speculation personally!

Ray

• Like 1

I will keep saying this until it happens, or I'm permanently locked out of these 'Gee, I'd love to see a...' threads, but I second about the 1/72nd scale Sea Vixen, Javelin, and Buccaneer. A new-mould Yak-9D would also do the trick.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

You know, you don't have to read this thread if you don't want to.  In the meantime, let the children play!  Keeps them out of trouble :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Plastic Bonsai said:

There seems to be some interest in one of the Airfix pages about a Hampden restoration at Cosford using parts and original drawings.

Meanwhile in my whiling away the dark milennia moments until their announcement i think a new P-47?Yak-9 would be logical

Reusing existing research :

1/48th Swift 1/72 Sea Vixen,Javelin

1/72 SE5A/Camel as its 2018 next year isn't it?

A new Buccaneer in 1/72 or 1/48th or a Phantom FGR2 1/72 because I'm biased

Some revamped tanks in 1/76 to the Cromwell standard for a change.

There's nice artwork on Adam Tooby's website showing a Hampden.......and a Lockheed Lightning , Starfighters...and others - perhaps these give another clue as what is about to appear...

Realistically, I'm thinking we'll get:-

A 1/72 Mosquito, given that it's a gap in their "classic RAF stuff" and it would fit nicely with the 262 as a dogfight double (something Airfix hinted at ages ago)

Decal option on the 1/48 Mustang - RAF + ???

Something fleet air arm in /148 - Martlet, Hellcat or Firefly

1/72 Canberra / B57 - would seem to fill the cold war era nicely (we already have the Swift, Lightning, Sabre, Shackleton, Victor....)

1/72 Camel or SE.5a for the 100th anniversary of the RAF (and will go in some box set with other RAF types)

Plus the 1/48 Blemheim and 1/72 Wellington that we already know about.

Can't say much for 2019 except that there's no way Airfix will pass up how strongly the Walrus has sold (now sold out twice on the website) and we'll get a decal option - perhaps for natural metal examples)

I confidently predict  (because they are constantly harped on about!!)::whistle:

NO Vulcan in any way,shape or form

NO Spitfires - especially a Mk XIV!!

NO Venom, Javelin, Sea Vixen

NO Buccaneer

NO Mosquito of any kind

In fact, I won't predict anything other than another 40 page discussion along the "oh no, not another...............!! /Why did they not do THIS.........../ Where are the ships/tanks/cars/airliners/etc etc"! type threads!!:lol::lol:.

No, as Mike says (and quite rightly) all our "predictions" (mine included) are not so much predictions but items on our "wants" list!. It is good , harmless fun though.  Airfix has a predilection for springing surprises so, I will happily await the announcement. I will probably be pleased and disappointed in equal measure but, they usually manage at least one item that I will like.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, shatters said:

Hate to sound like a stuck record, but ....

Venom

Venom

Venom

Venom 

Phil

My two lady friends believe you may have forgotten to use the word "Sea" in your otherwise sterling post.

rc8cLkJ.jpg

Edited by NAVY870
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 23/12/2017 at 07:17, shatters said:

Hate to sound like a stuck record, but ....

Venom

Venom

Venom

Venom 

Phil

On 23/12/2017 at 20:41, NAVY870 said:

My two lady friends believe you may have forgotten to use the word "Sea" in your otherwise sterling post.

No Steve, he was right...

...Venom,

Venom,

Venom,

Venom.

The Sea Venom should follow in due course of course!  :thumbsup:

In 1/72nd scale of course, not bigger scales for those that have lost manual dexterity and their eyesight and need toy like parts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As its harmless fun and we dont know whats going to happen, shall we be even more riduculous and hope for a Bristol Brabazon?  I do believe Airfix had planned to make it, BUT they could not find a box big enough to put it in and no lorry big enough to take the weight of the box,,,,,,be nice to see it upscaled to 1/32

11 minutes ago, rayprit said:

As its harmless fun and we dont know whats going to happen, shall we be even more riduculous and hope for a Bristol Brabazon?  I do believe Airfix had planned to make it, BUT they could not find a box big enough to put it in and no lorry big enough to take the weight of the box,,,,,,be nice to see it upscaled to 1/32

Airfix won't do 1/32nd so it would have to be 1/24th...   ...ridiculous enough for you?

• Like 1

I've no idea how the Airfix Snap-together kits are selling, but I'd like to see some cheap, low part count, low detail, bagged kits for kids as an intermediate step between snap together and the current starter kits. Bringing new people into the hobby is the only way to ensure its survival. So many kits seem to be expensive and highly detailed these days and well beyond pocket money levels. The current Aldi offerings are at a price range I consider acceptable for kids pocket money, but some are perhaps a little complex even though boxed as starter sets.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wez said:

Airfix won't do 1/32nd so it would have to be 1/24th...   ...ridiculous enough for you?

Never gave that a thought Wez, miles away in dreamland, but, I should have said 1/24 because then it will go with my KFS Ferret, Stalwart and the Revell 1/24 Routemaster...........thanks for the heads up and merry Christmas

16 hours ago, spfparker said:

There's nice artwork on Adam Tooby's website showing a Hampden.......and a Lockheed Lightning , Starfighters...and others - perhaps these give another clue as what is about to appear...

I'd be a little cautious in presuming these to be future Airfix toolings.

Firstly I presume Airfix own the copyright to any artwork commissioned by them meaning he couldn't post material (even if he produced it) without their permission.

Secondly, and I don't know how he runs his business, but I imagine he is a freelance artist.  He'd therefore have to display examples of his work to get business from whoever.  The fact that some might be future Airfix toolings is neither here nor there: in fact, statistically, this is almost certain to happen.

• Like 1

On 22.12.2017 at 4:30 PM, Procopius said:

I'm curious what you think is a plausible 2018 release slate for ol' Big Red (nobody calls them this).

I just saved link for my last realistic retools in 1/72 scale post. By the way, we already have a thread for those.

Your Airfix top (REALISTIC) future releases?

Although this one: Vickers Wellington B.III is was already announced.

Edited by Botan

I suspect some significant types to celebrate the RAF 100th Anniversary will crop up, (Revell have already started that ball rolling) so we are talking Sopwith Camel, Spitfire Mk whatever they have missed and , of course, the 1/72 scale Javelin. What do you mean, "the Javelin wasn't significant" :shrug: Of course it was, first RAF Delta wing twin engined, all weather, subsonic, non aerobatic, missile carrying (eventually), spontaneously combusting, twin seat wonder weapon !

I think they might also reissue the Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn figures.

Duncan B

• Like 1