Airfix 2018 range announcement due 10.00 09/01/2018

Stephen

1 hour ago, Denford said:

Actually it's Hornby Hobbies: not just Airfix.

But didn't know the time, so thanks for that.

The 2018 Hornby range is being announced the day before Airfix, what's the betting that Corgi and Scalextic are also on different days,. Seems odd as it's probably the same person who does the lot.

So lets see what Jan 2018 has to offer?

04 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 1  

05 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 2

06 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 3

07 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 4

08 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 5 (if required) - Aussies celebrate 5-0 series win

09 Jan - Airfix 2018 new tool announcement (includes 1/72 DH Venom family!!!)    

Looks like a good start to the new year

Cheers.. Dave

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

So lets see what Jan18 has to offer?

04 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 1  

05 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 2

06 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 3

07 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 4

08 Jan - 5th Ashes Test, Sydney - Day 5 (if required) - Aussies celebrate 5-0 series win

09 Jan - Airfix 2018 new tool announcement (includes 1/72 DH Venom family!!!)    

Looks like a good start to the new year

Cheers.. Dave

I'm laughing because I know that 4 out of the 6 will be right. If we make it to Day 5 it will be a cause for celebration.

• Like 2

Given the troubled times at Hornby Hobbies I am not holding my breath, I think there might be variations on existing kits and a couple of new kits, obviously including the Venom. Mind you, looking at my stash it will be no bad thing. 

Edited by Martin T
Tidying up

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Don't we already have a thread on this subject? Airfix 2018, where people have been going "I hope it's a xxxxxxxxx" since 2016, IIRC :wacko:

Yeah, I'm sure the amount of conviction people put into predicting Airfix's next release could be put to better use in the world. :D

• Like 1

You're not wrong - it's harmless fun, but seems a bit of a waste of electrons to have the two going side-by-side.  Think I'll merge 'em once I find the other one :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Don't we already have a thread on this subject? Airfix 2018, where people have been going "I hope it's a xxxxxxxxx" since 2016, IIRC :wacko:

A mod (Julien ?) has closed it

41 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Those are my thoughts, anyway. What are yours? Please show your work. First man to suggest something blindingly unrealistic as a "clever jape" will suffer the fate of Admiral Byng, pour encourager les autres.

So no Farley Fruitbat then ?  :)

I predict...

* A re-box of the 1/72 Mustang, with different decals

* A re-box of the 1/72 F-86F sabre with different decals

* Another marque of spitfire with  barely discernable difference s to existing kit

* NO 1/72 phantom FGR2 coz they're still trying to shift Navy kits

* loads of replies telling me Airfix aren't that mean and I'm being a grumpy old git !

Edited by IanHx

Ah cool.  It was locked at 40 pages.  We'll let this'un run then, especially as it's more focused and relevant now.  Let the wishing continue! :santa:

(thanks for the link ;) )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You're not wrong - it's harmless fun, but seems a bit of a waste of electrons to have the two going side-by-side.  Think I'll merge 'em once I find the other one :)

Also a good way to work off ones frustrations on the seemingly endless 'postponements' of the 2018 announcements.

Here's hoping for a 1/72 Avenger (with folding wings) and maybe a Me410.  Xtradecal have just issued sheet for it: maybe they know something we don't.  That said a while back they issued a Spitfire XlV sheet and so far nothing yet.

• Like 1