Hawker Hunter F.6, XF526, No. 63 Squadron, RAF Waterbeach, 1958

Here she is, in her full 1950's glory. The bright decals make it better I think. Not as simple to make as I was expecting, as the Mistercraft kit needs a bit of cutting and sanding to make an F.6, but in the end I thought I'd use one of the Xtradecal options to brighten her up. 

28877dd.jpg

2le2g5u.jpg

a5nhl.jpg

16ly9f7.jpg

r05zx2.jpg

• Like 16

15 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Thanks chaps! 

Not sure if I'd do a Mistercraft one again, but I definitely want to do another Hunter.

Does anyone make an F.1/F.4 in 1/72?

The very ancient Frog kit was a Mk1, but although it can be found as a Novo example mostly on the 2nd hand market, is a huge a mount of work, it's an example of the Pilot's head only type of cockpit detail. a much better option was a conversion by Freightdog for the Revell kit

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/316924-freightdog-models-hawker-hunter-f-4-conversion

Sadly not currently available, but may make a reappearance when the Revell kit is re-released, this would be by far the best option for an early Hunter that has been done to date

late edit

I cannot recommend a better Hunter kit than the Revell, once you build one you will never look at any other Hunter again, except for converting the Revell kit

Edited by Graeme H
additional
  • Like 1

Nice looking Hunter there, it's such a classic plane. I've got the xtradecal sheet,bought from our own Ridgerunner for my Revell Hunter I've had for ten years. So many choices I don't know which one to do. Anyways nice work.

Cheers Allan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

I often drove past Waterbeach and wondered about the Hunters that flew from there, I would love to have been there to see them from the fence so it is nice to get a little insight into what I may have seen, nice model.

Completely agree, it was the best time for aviation that, would love to have been around with a digital camera in the 50s and 60s!

Love the Hunter. I see the Revell 1/72 kit is slated for a re-release this year. Seeing as I’ve been trying to find one for ages, this might be proof that “good things come to those who wait!”

• Like 1