Aoshima Gigant 1/700

24255937427_b16c2264b7_b.jpg

I'm calling this one done, at least for now, although I still need to make a suitable vignette base for it. This is Aoshima's Gigant, a huge flying wing from the 70's Japanese anime Future Boy Conan. As a kit, there's not a great deal to it. Essentially just upper and lower wing/fuselage halves to which the engines, tail and a few other details are added. The original's just shown as plain grey in the anime, but I went with a panelled semi-metallic look to add a bit more interest. The hardest aspect was getting a suitable scale look since the real thing is meant to be massive.

At the moment it's temporarily sitting on a stand borrowed from another build, but eventually I'll get around to making a small scenic base for it. The wip can be found here

38406746354_53a8755056_b.jpg

25249956998_33a7375b91_b.jpg

39085671162_f0c04f3368_b.jpg

39116732161_b6118c55d3_b.jpg

25249954668_d7dab35487_b.jpg

25249953558_ab81980954_b.jpg

25249952738_8df97b360e_b.jpg

24255933387_2eb74b5d1a_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy:cat:

• Like 16

Andy, your modeling skills are legendary but your photography and photoshoped action shots are right up there too, that makes the whole thing very real - I love it!

Brian

• Like 1

Yet another humbling wow and blimey from here in Malvern, Amazing art work given the scale, brilliant detail and thanks for a great master class yet again Sir. 

The only very sad let down for me, is that, we didn't see Nigel helping out with the scale and hanging around generally, He,he. Have a Christmas out there Andy. Nice one. Cheers 

• Like 1

Thanks guys

17 hours ago, Blastvader said:

Though I actually thought you'd finished this months ago and I'd missed the WiP.

Down to my usual snail's pace build rate, and too many other projects getting in the way.

15 hours ago, picard said:

The only very sad let down for me, is that, we didn't see Nigel helping out with the scale and hanging around generally, He,he. Have a Christmas out there Andy. Nice one.

Thanks picard, and don't worry, I'm sure Nigel will show up somewhere in the new year.

1 hour ago, Bonehammer said:

Loved that anime, but I didn't know there were kits! Your rendition is fantastic.

It's hard to figure out the massiv-ity of the thing without another subject nearby, tho.

There are three that I know of. This one, the Falco, and the Barracuda. As for the scale, I'm hoping the base, when I get around to it, will help. You get a tiny in-scale Falco with the Gigant, and the plan is to do a base with the Falco pulled up out of the sea onto a beach, with the Gigant flying overhead.

Andy:cat:

• Like 1

It's lovely, and the colour matching in the images is really amazing. The last one in particular has a great illustrative quality to it.

Also wingtip contrails, or "righteous vapes" as they were described in a book of Tomcat pilot quotes, are a nice touch :)

Will

• Like 1

Andy, great job per usual!  Now having no idea where the model fits into the SciFi World at first I thought maybe it was Mothra's new Space Ride and was expecting from your awesome photoshop pic to see 'zilla shaking his small fist at him as he flew away in haste!

I really love it!  All the best for the holidays!

• Like 1

Awesome stuff Andy ! This is certainly one of those out there model packs. But great to see something totally different !

What a pity The Last Jedi was such a let down (well for me at least). Interestingly not many models out there for it either.

Bandai, do some more Rogue One models I say !

Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year of excellent models !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...