Panda Hobby 1/350 Arleigh Burke decal problem

Brewup

Hi Guys 

Need some help!!!  

I got this kit off  Ebay and although I appreciate it is a little basic and lacks detail compared to Trumpeter kits, for £10 I was very happy :)

As at this price it was perfect for my first ship build before moving onto something more complex (maybe a Trumpeter Arleigh Burke or a Type 23)

All was going surprising well until I came to apply the decals, they are absolutely awful and apart from just about managing to get the hull numbers on the rest disintegrated  :swear: 

But as I think I have done quite a decent job on this model I am really reluctant to consign it to the unfinished stash  

So I thought about my options and this is were I need some help 

1. I thought I would be able to get some after market decals but it appears that there are no specific set available for the Arleigh Burke class unless anyone knows anything different? 

2 . Hawk Graphics do a of decals for the Oliver Hazard Perry class which appear I could use some of the decals from this sheet any thoughts? 

http://www.hawk-graphics.com/images/decal_images/3523_perry_long_hull.jpg

3 . I could try and purchase a "spare" set of decals from Trumpeter for their Arleigh Burke but if I go this route has anyone tried ordering spares/decals from Trumpeter and had any success? 

4.  The last option is to buy a  Trumpreter Arleigh Burke kit and scan in the decal sheet and print my own decals, I do understand the basics of this and the materials I need but has anyone got any advise or tips on printing their own decals?  

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

Ian