CorsairFFU year of builds ... Added photo’s

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello all im going to display my total output for 2017. Ive only been a Forum member since June of this year. I'm not sure if it should be models completed after joining. If im in the wrong please except it as ignorance.

Starting early this year I finished the Revell super bug F-18E in a US Navy Centennial paint scheme. I chose to do VFA-192 Golden Dragons and went for a Dark sea blue scheme. This probably counts more as a whif as im not sure if they actually wore the scheme in 2011.4ENwzEk.jpg

Jz1h7TW.jpg

I2esEJm.jpg

An A-10 USMC whif. In the markings of VMFA-451. I actually did scratchbuild the arresting gear, a retractable refuelling Probe, and scored the wings to represent a wing fold. I just dont have a photo of all of it. I have a double nose wheel for it that will get grafted on soon. 9aby81r.jpg

AId36gU.jpg

DHeebFX.jpg

When your a general you get to pick your own plane. I did my P-61 in General Earl Barnes of 13th AF the plane was pulled from and crewed by the 550thNF Sq. The only bare metal P-61 in the war. AM0tIWe.jpg

S3uJgbn.jpg

93CwD5w.jpg

The next up was an old Monogram F-20 Tigershark. I opted to do a Whif Air Nat’l. Guard  plane  using F-16 Decals From the Indiana ANG.

kRQvCNj.jpg

6XqpOgl.jpg

gVmvli5.jpg

A5PfhsC.jpg

I started this A-20 in 2004 but due to my leaving the hobby i finished it this year.kuPSw4m.jpg

TiQ2qCG.jpg

2PvZJuH.jpg

Revell’s F-84G in kit Decals. The yellow bomb hashmarks are from the spares

dA7UtxJ.jpg

R0GFYXf.jpg

m8PD5tv.jpg

My attempt at an Israeli F-16D using the Hasegawa “B” and a conversion set. 93aCTnM.jpg

Y0ibyCh.jpg

ZGDJbuu.jpg

Then on to a Hasegawa -5 Corsair one of two that I've done this year. The first from VMA-212 in Korea. 

ep52P4U.jpg

m0dxSq4.jpg

sS0n2sw.jpg

The second -5 was an 5NL all weather model based at Glenview N.A.S. Circa 1956.RnfD0u8.jpg

vW8CJbT.jpg

I was tired of all blue so I went for a different scheme. blv49L6.jpg

MvmfArU.jpg

After the two corsairs I went with Tamiyas F4f wildcat. I opted to build a Martlet V in 1944. I forget the name of the carrier but it was used in one of the April raids on Tirpitz in Norway. pNHaD7i.jpg

M4hxbAz.jpg

9poAr4u.jpg

F4vF11i.jpg

Next up was the first of Fifteen models for a project I am doing about the 8th air force. The 4th FG eagle squadron P-51D from Academy in 1/72. WFdil9q.jpg

MOx8ASm.jpg

zUyql9V.jpg

RmBpLqV.jpg

Another Hasegawa this time an Luftwaffe F-104G in USAF markings from the late 1970’s. I used Foil for the Finish. Tj5GrOS.jpg

eEP7fTf.jpg

6LUjSZb.jpg

Hasegawa’s F-8E Crusader in markings from VMF(aw)-232 in Vietnam. Still needs weathering. Y5Cmqid.jpg

wLiHV15.jpg

82FwWzf.jpg

Thinking about this it does seem I build a lot of Hasegawa kits. I did this year as i was given a large number of kits from my Friends stash i did build several other kits mostly old Monogram. They will be added later as i dont have photos of those or my KUTA Build. Next up is this FG1. There is an RFI for this. Y9RNyXm.jpg

FcRVXHw.jpg

32oQs1C.jpg

Next up is Airfix’s great Lightning. I built mine as an F.3 from 111 Squadron. There is an RFI of this.fFSStIO.jpg

jdfIe0X.jpg

vL1xhWk.jpg

Next up is Eduards BF.110D in 1/72nd. RFI as wellishsMKY.jpg

kRt54HP.jpg

AEA1bME.jpg

My last two are the BlackSheep Scooter from VMA-214, and my VA-55 Fury. Heres the Hasegawa A-4E scooter in VMA-214 markings from Chu-Lai in 1966. WIP and an RFI. 

dEhpMEi.jpg

jGsq9rs.jpg

v4tslwT.jpg

pj1P3eN.jpg

Last up for now is the Hobbyboss FJ-4b Fury. I did this in markings for VA-55 Warhorses. I hand painted the wing Checkerboards & made a mask for the Trident. RFI for this in aircraft.

Q29YGJ5.jpg

nnnd5ZH.jpg

zvO1J0S.jpg

M0xUJaV.jpg

Thanks for the patience i know its a long post.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additional
  • Like 26

Hello Dennis,

You've been fairly productive !

Nice job, Is this necessary to tell you which one is my favourite ??

You did great on each !

Congratulations !

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1

@corsaircorp .. thanks for the kind words. I try to stay busy I usually have 2-3 going at one time. Though at one point i was going with 6 back in August/September this year. 

@Plasto ... Thanks for the kind words.

Dennis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ed I had the oppurtunity  of going to a large # of air shows at Glenview over the years. I was able to get in and see aircraft sometimes before the general public, as i would be outside the gate at 6-7 am waiting to get in. It was my way of honoring a long gone Chicago base and also doing a very rare gull grey corsair.   

• 5 months later...