Academy 1/48th F-16C Fighting Falcon

A return back to the forum after a few months achieving nothing. I started this model just to get it out of the stash. A few years ago I bought an F/A-18E model from our favourite auction site and the seller very kindly sent me this kit as part of the deal. It seemed like a good simple way to get back building after a mini lull in production. the trouble is it really isn't the best of kits and desperately needs some extras to spice it up. As I hadn't paid anything for the kit I figured a few extras wouldn't hurt, so added:

• Aires Wheel bays
  • Aires Cockpit
  • SAC - Undercarriage
  • Master - Static Dischargers
  • Royale Resin - F-16 Wheels

The cockpit and wheels bays really are a drop fit, even though they are designed for the Hasegawa F-16. Not really a coincidence since both kits really do bear an amazing similarity to each other. Construction isn't too bad apart the usual intake troubles with most F-16 kits and a really awful fitting wing to fuselage joint. Lots of filler and sanding sorts that one out though. Painted with Hataka paints and matt coat provided by Xtracrylix. The decals were Afterburners 'Bentwater Aggressors' sheet and a Two Bobs inert weapons sheet, both performed flawlessly.

All in all another build finished from the stash and another one added to the planes I've seen theme, that I often like to do.

Onto the pictures:

afDjppQ.jpg

hqX1QIl.jpg

2R3nHEk.jpg

FRLgs4H.jpg

DohGnaZ.jpg

Tj9Zbvr.jpg

uP1fFxp.jpg

f3R9e8t.jpg

Vx1TdFh.jpg

• Like 22

• 1 month later...