Issues with pictures and spoiler tags

Hello all,

Does anyone have an idea as to why my post is in a bit of a fluff? For some reason the BBCode spoiler tags that I've never had an issue with previously are borked and the same with embedded images from a Flickr album.

Relevant post is here:

Has there been some hoo-hah with Flicker recently that I've missed? Because the members that I know use Flickr regularly seem completely unaffected. But the error I was getting was along the lines of "Cannot embed image due to issue with Flickr" yet if this were a global issue one could reasonably expect it to be affecting others which it appears not to be. Just wondering is anyone had any input.

Toodles,

Paul

• Like 1

So it's not just me!, as a newbie I spent most of last night trying to figure that out, I assumed it was just me.

I can post the url but no pic arrived however the url link does lead to the pic on Flickr. 

Sorry that's probably of little help but I suppose it means the fault lies elsewhere. 

Darryl 

You are not alone. 

Just tried to update a couple of threads, just get a message saying there is an issue with FLIKR when trying to insert a photo.

Did get an odd message when trying to upload images into Flickr say it couldn't as i was logged on on a another account! I only have one.

Looks like we're off the hook for Flickr, but I've just been for a squint at your Spoiler post, and you're getting the code and the spoilings.  I wonder if they've changed the syntax for the spoilers?  Can you tell me how you tried to create said spoiler please?

[spoiler="see here"]

Hello!

[/spoiler]

Cos typing all the above doesn't work :hmmm:

I use the 'copy link' option in the iPad and Android apps, then paste it into the post. It used to insert the photograph, with the option to display a link instead, all I get now is the link (as illustrated below):

https://flic.kr/p/RcaHWU

I've also tried using the 'Insert image from URL' option in the 'Insert other media' but nothing happens.

I'm sure I've had this issue before and re-installing the Flickr app cured it but it hasn't helped this time. I've also made sure the photographs are set as Public.

• Like 1

For a spoiler, just use the eye icon in the posting toolbar, which brings up a Spoiler box, thusly:

Spoiler

You don't seem to be able to change the title though :hmmm:

7 minutes ago, Beard said:

I use the 'copy link' option in the iPad and Android apps, then paste it into the post. It used to insert the photograph, with the option to display a link instead, all I get now is the link (as illustrated below):

I've also tried using the 'Insert image from URL' option in the 'Insert other media' but nothing happens.

I'm sure I've had this issue before and re-installing the Flickr app cured it but it hasn't helped this time. I've also made sure the photographs are set as Public.

Had this issue...

Go to tools.rackonly.com and copy paste that link you provided above and select large.  Grab the new code and copy / paste it into your post and hopefully you’ll get:

32287860204_d9fa12306c_b.jpg
Generated from my Apple iPad using tools.rackonly.com

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BluesModeller said:

Had this issue...

Go to tools.rackonly.com and copy paste that link you provided above and select large.  Grab the new code and copy / paste it into your post and hopefully you’ll get:

(photo deleted)

That seems like an awful lot of faffing about to post a photograph.

49 minutes ago, Beard said:

I'm having the exact same problem, and I've tried everything I can think of. I'm in the process of moving all my photos from PB to Flickr, and I first started to see this issue a couple of days ago. If I have to go back now and switch from Flickr to something else, I'm not going to be a happy camper.   :(

40 minutes ago, BluesModeller said:

Had this issue...

<snip>

I shall try this, but it seems to be a cumbersome workaround.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

I shall try this, but it seems to be a cumbersome workaround.

Doesn't seem to work. My Flickr URLS all begin with https://www.flickr.com, and this tool seems to be expecting URLs that begin with https://flic.kr.

Cheers,

Bill

24 minutes ago, Beard said:

That seems like an awful lot of faffing about to post a photograph.

It is!

I was having issues trying to grab the link on a tablet or phone as it wouldn’t let me copy / paste the full code.  Not an issue when using my PC... Couple of clicks and i’m done.

Not sure why Flickr has never bothered to make life a little easier for those who use ‘mobile’ devices some of the time.

21 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Doesn't seem to work. My Flickr URLS all begin with https://www.flickr.com, and this tool seems to be expecting URLs that begin with https://flic.kr.

Cheers,

Bill

I’m using the Flickr app on an iPad.  I select the image, click the arrow pointing to the right (bottom right hand corner of page) and select copy url from the pop up box.

There should be a way to grab the link in the same way on a desktop under share options.. Will have to have a look...

5 minutes ago, BluesModeller said:

I’m using the Flickr app on an iPad.  I select the image, click the arrow pointing to the right (bottom right hand corner of page) and select copy url from the pop up box.

There should be a way to grab the link in the same way on a desktop under share options.. Will have to have a look...

What always used to work for me was selecting "Copy link location" from the thumbnail in my album or photostream. This just stopped working a couple of days ago. I'm using Firefox 57 on Windows 10. Just for giggles, I also tried Chrome and Edge - same issue. I downloaded a Flickr UWP app and tried that - same thing. I looked in the Flickr forums and there are few people complaining about this, but not a lot.

Oh, I also tried selecting the photo and copying its URL from the main address bar - same issue. I think something's up with Flickr.

Cheers,

Bill

7 minutes ago, Beard said:

I think you may be on to something there.

If they're imposing some kind of limit for third party hosting, or in any other way trying to pull a "Photobucket" I'm really going to be ticked.

Cheers,

Bill

10 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

If they're imposing some kind of limit for third party hosting, or in any other way trying to pull a "Photobucket" I'm really going to be ticked.

Cheers,

Bill

This would not surprise me.  Shame as i’ve been fairly happy with Flickr over the years.

There are a number of other hosts but many are dubious in their quality and trustworthiness.  

Hopefully this is just a glitch.

Well, this thread's blown up a little since I left to see the new SW flick (it's...well, it's a film) Slightly saddened that it's not just me with the Flickr issue.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I wonder if they've changed the syntax for the spoilers?  Can you tell me how you tried to create said spoiler please?

[spoiler="see here"]

Hello!

[/spoiler]

Cos typing all the above doesn't work :hmmm:

As you say, the syntax may have changed, but what you and I have both put was what always used to work. Just doesn't seem to now. I'll do as you've said though. 

I suspect that the support for BBCode might be going the way of the dinosaur in the end... it'll be a shame if it does, as most of my smileys are entered between colons from the keyboard :shrug:

• Like 1

Hope this clears up soon.

I'm no boffin- not by a loooong way- but it feels like a compatibility issue with an upgrade.

Like they've done a wee upgrade and it's clashing now with the BM software.

All the old pictures are there on the threads, but if you try to post the same old picture onto a new thread, it won't appear.

• Like 1

The problem started two days ago, after work on server when no access to BM was for some hours. Perhaps some kind of newly installed software - perhaps a firewall do not allows to paste photos from Flickr.  I am trying to paste photo from regular Windows computer - no sucess as yet.

Regards

J-W