Hello all .... As I said in my Scooter RFI I built this Hobbyboss FJ-4b Fury along side it. Its not a bad kit but i do think at least in some ways its a clone of the Grand phoenix Fury. I built the Grand phoenix fury as my 3rd model when I came back in 2014. I will add a few photos of it at the tail end of this RFI. 

I’m a bit of a nut with Sabres, Furies, and Super Sabres. I will let the plane do most of the talking. I chose to represent a Fury flown by VA-55 in 1958 off the USS Bennington. I had a spare decal set for the codes. But i hand painted the Checkerboards & made a mask for the Trident. Thanks to @Tailspin Turtle for his assistance in finding photo’s. So here is my VA-55 Fury. I chose to arm this with Two Aim-9b’s, two drop tanks, & two rocket pods. The Grand Phoenix Fury is from VMA-212 and has two Aim-9b’s, Two gas bags, & a data-link pod and a Bullpup missle.CIieg7x.jpg

omdmPja.jpg

4vlfKt0.jpg

KU6tt45.jpg

wLrlYI7.jpg

hgqGU6c.jpg

kxymkVT.jpg

MqQljuV.jpg

lOCQQFV.jpg

Ok the Grand Phoenix Fury is in the back, with the red markings. Yes i know the codes are reversed i didn't catch it right away when i built it. 

rJMqefp.jpg

PSdBvTU.jpg

rXxvG2t.jpg

QWKnNUB.jpg

Well I hope they meet with your approval. As usual Comments, Questions, or Jokes ? Someday i hope to do a whif of both the FJ-5 fury proposal that was to compete with the A-7 and the Super Fury that was to compete with the F-8 Crusader. But this will be for another time.

Dennis 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 11