Victor question regarding bomb bay

Harrier/ViperFan

Hey guys/gals,

I am back after our nightmare move and now it's time to get the modelling stuff out. Anyway I have the Airfix Victor on the to do list, I don't want to open the bags yet as for some reason when I do I lose stuff from the boxes so I figured I ask. I don't want to do the victor with the Blue Steel and have the regular bomb bay, does the kit have the parts for this in the box? Or am I going to have to get AM parts?

I don't have the kit...yet, but much was made on this forum about the lack of a bomb bay in the kit.  Airfix may come out with a later version that has the bomb bay and bay doors.  I am not aware of any aftermarket bomb bay doors or bomb bay.

Later,

Dave

The kit does include a detailed bomb bay together with parts to allow the modeller to display with doors open. However, there is nothing but empty air to put in it. I would personally have preferred to see the option of a free fall nuclear bomb or, a full conventional bomb load ( as provided in the Valiant) but, neither is provided.

Allan

On 17/12/2017 at 8:57 AM, 71chally said:

As Allan says, the conventional bomb bay and doors are included, the parts are on a separate frame, scroll half way down this page,

http://www.makingmodels.co.uk/builds-in-progress/172-airfix-handley-page-victor-b-mk-sbs-build-log/

I've fondled mine, looks very nice!

The kit does not include the 5 X 7 store 1000lb bomb carriers required for a conventional bomb load. The only carriers I am  aware of are  the ones provided in the WEM Vulcan bomb bay kit  https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM+172+Avro+Vulcan+Bomb+Bay+Detail+Set+PE+7255C/15241/#.WjePWj7Xbcs but you only get three in this kit (Vulcan load was 21 bombs, 3 X 7) so you would need two sets which would be a very expensive prospect! remember you would then have to get 35 bombs as well!

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn
  • Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 6:43 AM, Albeback52 said:

The kit does include a detailed bomb bay together with parts to allow the modeller to display with doors open. However, there is nothing but empty air to put in it. I would personally have preferred to see the option of a free fall nuclear bomb or, a full conventional bomb load ( as provided in the Valiant) but, neither is provided.

Allan

Looking at the way the kit has been designed (separate Kuchemann Carrots, for example and plain bomb doors) I suspect that Airfix have, at the very least, considered issuing a kit of an early B. Mk. 2 although the fuselage parts will require some additional modification.  Should one emerge I hope that they'll include at least one version of a free-fall bucket of instant sunshine.  At present I'm contemplating robbing the Blue Danube from my Valiant B. (PR) K. Mk. 1 for my second Airfix Victor.

• Like 1