Mirror Models Diamond T Wrecker

BlackMax12

Thanks Stix

Thanks Francis

Yes this one is going to get some dust and dirt, more a faded look but staying out of the mud.

Thanks Steve0

It's difficult to tell from those pictures I was given so I painted the squares behind the "72" and the Maple Leaf in black.  I don't think the

owner will notice the difference if they are in color so I'll leave it alone.  In one of those old pics there appears to be a faded "2W5" on the bumper.

I don't know what that is but when those decals come I'll try to apply it too. Also wonder why the Canucks would use a big number like H-4217555 as

that's a nuisance to apply using individual numbers, but of course there's more room on the door so they could have used another 10 digits, LOL.

Take care all and have a Happy New Year,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd, see, you didn't make a mess of this build. Looks very nice indeed. I haven't been able to find the vice yet because I can't find the Italeri box yet, you mentioned ordering the set yourself and that might be the quickest option. Your associate should be very chuffed when he hands this build over to his father, you have done an excellent job :yes:

Wow. Hi LLoyddd, I've been BM-less since posting that comment on here Christmas morning and only managed to get back this morning so I'm amazed at the progress you've made!

I don't care HOW hard the work was, you're making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and the recipient will love it!

Don't overdo the weathering though, keep it subtle!!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Julian

It was touch and go there for a while.  If this was my kit it would have been sleeping out in the -28C big blue bin long before now.

Yes I found that Italeri set on Amazon, a little ripped at the price but I'll pass that on to the owner.  Thanks for looking though.

Thanks Badder

Yes a little frustrating with BM down Christmas day but whatever.  If/when I ever get the markings done and the vise then I think it will be faded and dusty but nothing too extreme

Thanks Rob

I can't see that Holmes Wrecker in the stash so have at it.

Take care,

Lloyd

I can't leave this alone so here's the last few pics until I get the markings done.  If I keep adding junk I'll need a third axle to hold the weight.

I think I'll add some straps on that tarp with Tamiya tape

strips then put the thing on the top shelf away from Mr Kitty until my 2 Amazon orders show up.

DvizWT1.jpgbRmPrtD.jpg6FeHbYy.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

found the rest of the decals for you go to the archers transfers homepage sets ar77034 and ar7708 as for census numbers its a code set up by war department  early fore runner of barcode the letter tells you type ie t first its armouered h is 3ton and above softskin the numbers that follow will tell you division battalion company platoon

Wow, unit 72 on green/red and the maple leaf is actually goldish.  Pricey though at US$20 for the two sets which is Cdn $25 plus freight for two little decals.

Thanks for looking Steve but I think I'll leave this as is, nobody but us knows it's not accurate.  Well maybe his grandpa does as he drove it during WWII but I'm not asking.

Take care,

Lloyd

• 2 weeks later...

Got the decals from Star Decals today and did the H4217555 on the driver's door one number at a time, glad that's done.

Still waiting on the Italeri tool set from Amazon so I can install the vise on the front bumper then dirty it up some and wave a fond goodbye.

IOExheO.jpgU65ZnBz.jpgOhyXYgO.jpgAJMw0AN.jpg

• Like 9

The owner supplied a glass case with a wooden frame and I scrounged a mirror to mount in the bottom as the case has a mirror in back and it

would be nice to show that detailed undercarriage.

I spaced the mirror up about 5/8" from the case bottom as the model sat below the frames on the side and didn't look right.  The mirror is epoxied into

the case but the model is just sitting until that flipping vise comes for the front bumper.

Be glad when this is over and I can pass it on, getting close to 80 hours so far.  Kind of hard to take decent pics with all of the reflections.

Also kind of funny this is a Mirror Models model sitting on a mirror, how's that?

XU3CkoG.jpgbuYyQjH.jpgW2ELZsX.jpgdRJJfha.jpg6Znl5sr.jpgjR4kLwB.jpg

• Like 1

I got absolutely fed up waiting over 22 days for that Italeri Tools Set to show up with the vise I needed so I made one.

Some evergreen styrene sheet laminated in about six layers, some carving and filing and about 2 hours later I have a 1940s era vise.

It's not perfect but it looks like a vise. A  little over scale but he's not going to know.

Some weathering and blending with the rest of the model and it should work.

kg8ZsN9.jpgV5jjVOw.jpgm10w4Tl.jpg

• Like 1