Hello all Im finally finished with this one, I started my first ever WIP on October 11th. Heres a link to the WIP

It Represents an A-4E used by VMA-214 BlackSheep operating out of Chu Lai in late ‘66 or early ‘67. I represented it with a mixed load out of Mk.82’s and GP bombs left over from WW2 & Korea. There was a munition shortage at the time and all services were using up stored old stock. 

So here we go I’ll let the plane do the rest of the talking. 0Eegj0y.jpg

Y41HSzo.jpg

LKCVkzG.jpg

oLQFGtJ.jpg

Eu4hYyv.jpg

ZmkH26w.jpg

au8P0w7.jpg

6Qdvjjo.jpg

s3wpYmk.jpg

6vQivUx.jpg

Le0kUSi.jpg

44Xl0d9.jpg

I hope it meets with some good reviews. I built this in tandem with a Hobbyboss FJ-4b Fury. I will post the photos for the Fury soon. They are both completed. As usual any Comments ? any Questions ? any Jokes ? Have a great modeling day. 

Dennis

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

A splendid looking Scooter with what looks like just the right amount of wear and tear for what must have been some hard-worked aircraft.  USN/Marine Corps colours were so much more interesting back then than today (like all air forces, sadly).  The A4 is always a 'nifty' looking type.  I remember being impressed with there manoueverability in 'Top Gun'.  Interesting about the munitions situation at the time.  I guess they were getting through a lot of it at the time. 

• Thanks 1