Airfix 1/72 FAA Martlet

Hello All,

Life and work (mainly the latter) has kept me busy recently, and I have bitten off a bit more than I want to chew with some recent projects, so a Mojo-restoration was in order. Enter the Airfix Martlet. A lovely kit to build. Not really any in-progress pictures, since it kind of falls together. Here it is in Winter daylight:

IMG_7508.jpg

And here on the bench next to its US Navy counterpart from a year or so ago (also the new Airfix kit):

IMG_7432.jpg

So now I can attend to the shelf of shame! (or maybe just one more quick one...)

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 35

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Not really any in-progress pictures, since it kind of falls together.

Very nice models you've done there! Did the undercarriage fall together though? I have this kit and am a bit worried about that part of the construction...

John.

• Like 1

The undercarriage does look horrendous in the instructions. My method was to clean up the seam lines thoroughly on each piece, follow the instructions with lots of dry runs before applying glue and take lots of time! 

IMG_7424.jpg

I must admit, I did take a picture to celebrate finishing it...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 7

On 15/12/2017 at 23:19, johnd said:

revert to wheels up if it all went pear-shaped?

The up and down undercarriages are independent sets of parts added after construction so you could revert to wheels up if you have a melt-down. Don't forget the pilot if you do that though :)

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1