Any crosskitted the MPM and Trumpeter Wellingtons?

Procopius

Hullo all. I was thinking about building a Merlin-engined Wellington II at some nebulous point in the future. I understand that the MPM kit has some shape issues (it certainly looks less like a Wellington to me in the photos I've seen of it) and I was wondering if anyone had tried to cross kit the MPM and Trumpeter kits to produce a Wellington II that was greater than the sum of its parts. Idle speculation is not only welcome, but encouraged.

• Like 1

Just speculation since that has been my plan as well. The glitch on the Trumpeter kit as far as I am aware is undersized nacelles so this looked like potential win-win. Now with Airfix showing their Ic, I may look at using it as the base kit instead

Edited by Chuck1945
fix typo

16 minutes ago, Chuck1945 said:

Now with Airfix showing their Ic, I may look at using it as the base kit instead

and the MPM kit is available in a Revell boxing, which may offer a saving on cost.

With the Airfix kit coming along, I was thinking of doing the same, not aware of the nacelle issue, but still might stick with it as I do not write off the Trumpeter kit. 

I think that MPM/Revell definitly looks like Wimpy. However if someone is not happy with canopy shape of this kit the mariage: fuselage from Trumpeter and rest from Revell (MPM) is surely doable.

BTW - in a current French "Aerojournal", with such cover:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania aerojournal december 2017

there is photo and color profile of Mk II in desert camo with many sorties marked below canopy and blanked front gunner tower. Very temptating! But I am waiting for Airfix new one and a conversion ... 

Cheers

J-W

Exactly, with the Airfix one coming that's what I'll be waiting for, a lot easier that cutting up other kits, though I suspect not out till 2019 it will be worth it.

Edited by Tbolt

22 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

It certainly looks as though the wait for the Airfix kit may be worth it - that bottom left-hand photo looks very much like  Mk II to me ...

Hi

Yep , i imagine there could be a quite a few different marks made by airfix in the future 

cheers

jerry