1/35 MiniArt SU-85 1943 Early Production Model

Hi guys, I never posted this build in the Armour section, only the Dioramas section, so here we are. I built this tank diorama last winter. This is only my second tank build, it's not a bad little kit apart from the rubbish plastic tracks that were a fiddle to build. It was an experiment in modelling ice and snow, I used 5 minute epoxy for the icicles and tried a product called Krycell for the snow from a company called Precision Ice and Snow. Anyway it dragged on far too long and I am glad it's finished, overall I am happy with how it came out. Wear your winter woolies before looking at the pictures, I won't be held responsible for any frostbite claims LOL!:penguin:You can see my work in progress of this build in the box below. 

UEmx9qh.jpg
xZvoADK.jpg
qoZyqHz.jpg
veoS1FT.jpg
P4hk0w4.jpg
KlrGvug.jpg
C6zFLUX.jpg
hUfV6JZ.jpg
YWxqTDE.jpg
zHbpZTr.jpg
T7rXR0c.jpg
fqcAjoj.jpg
DHRjPUh.jpg
DJs0eMW.jpg
fT0vur6.jpg
oDbCoY9.jpg
wf8jl95.jpg
pj5cp9t.jpg
LBhBVph.jpg
dvCVguO.jpg

With the recent deluge of snow in the UK, I've taken some new shots of the MiniArt SU-85 diorama I built last winter.
47v1PxY.jpg
b1vVOQY.jpg
EJjv8iu.jpg
NKfVFqF.jpg
0BD3lrl.jpg
tZMywKS.jpg
bCbuLYs.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 11

52 minutes ago, cambridge said:

that really makes you feel the cold in your bones, wich to me it means it's a job well done. what product have you used for the snow?

I used 5 minute epoxy for the icicles and tried a product called Krycell for the snow from a company called Precision Ice and Snow. As we had nearly a foot of snow where I live this weekend, I thought it was a great opportunity to place the diorama in some fresh snow to give a more realistic background for the photos.