Rafale B French Airforce - Opération Harmattan 1/48 - AASMs

exdraken

still mhave to finish, i.e. decal the AASMs, and have an alternative loadout, but apart from that I think I call this finished....

the main transparencies have taken some color.... a bit of a mess not sure if correctable (painting a new canopy will definitely lead to a different color... anr cleaning it.... with what??)

whatever, 

here she is, is some strange winter light, but still 2018 at least... so only 13 months in the work! more in RIF soon!

s1Oip8Q.jpg

9cT3TCh.jpg

salut, 

Werenr

• Like 3

so,,

as promised, I still need to finish the rather nice resin AASM "HAMMER" precision GPS guided bombs from l'Arsenal. THe Kinetic alternative is not really an alternative once you have looked at them.... :( 

decals are from Syhart.

not sure about the yellow band at the rocket motor..hard to find on real AASMs...

rguMZqX.jpg

r468dZB.jpg

• Like 1

I will still add some latest updates regarding the AASM bomb/ missile/ glidebomb here--- 

I think it can nowadays be considered the standard weapon of choice be the Rafale... also in its laser and combined versions (l'Arsenal! we also need these versions!!!)

anybody knows if heavier AASM (HAMMER) are in service already? 

8hzr7Bn.jpg

on their triple ejector rack:

most of the time it seems nowadays only 2 bombs per rack are used... drag issues?? or only operational necessities?

kMbb9ub.jpg

I think they look mighty fine - great combo l'Arsenal and Syhart decals!