Falke 'Modified' WIP -Completed!!!

Thanks gimme. It is relatively big. The size is nice to work with than 1/72 and 1/35(Which I also with in...).

The underside of the Falke. If you remembered, I sawed off the dome that was where that big hole is right now. I could have let it stayed in all honesty, but I have a thing about a flat base under a craft, when it comes to pods or anti gravitational vehicles. It does not look right in my eyes. But that's just me. ;)

The black ring below, was taken from an old 1/35 vehicle kit:

2v2ujEq1vxAWPEi.jpg

I will be detailing this a bit to give it the robust look:

2v2ujpgVMxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 4

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

Here are some updates. Added quiet a few extra details to the external empty slot. Many of the original parts had to be reused in other areas as the original points were already taken up by my other home made parts. See the pics below:

2v2u8Cuw8xAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CuBdxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CuYNxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8Cus8xAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CuidxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CuTrxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CuCzxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 3

I added several different parts to the undercarriage of the craft. The flat angular piece is from a LAV kit. As you can see, I removed the original dome(anti-gravity) part that was originally there. As I explained in my very first post, I used a hand saw to remove it. I added a flat ring piece and will add another flat piece to cover the hole.

2v2u8CuGNxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CudMxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 2

The first pic shows the gun canister or barrel(unsure), Now since I added the wheel rims, it has taken up space to where the original parts were suppose to go, according to the instructions. So I had to had a strip of styrene to cover the holes, so it would be easier to glue the piece in the same space.

2v2u8CJzFxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CEodxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CEvNxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CEUrxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CE9jxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CEJMxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 2

I decided to experiment with another artillery to give this craft a different look than the original gun that came with the kit. I managed to find an old WWII artillery gun in my 'Misc. Box'. So I devised a mount that will make it look the part. I call this, 'The Clunk Buster'. Just remember where you heard it first. ;)

2v2u8CJ6NxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJ7nxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJDNxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJSqxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJhdxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJgNxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJGjxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJFFxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJ55xAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJNNxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJrrxAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJ88xAWPEi.jpg
2v2u8CJMqxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 3

:partytime:

I have no idea why but somehow this WIP wasn't showing up on my feed. Well, it suddenly 'popped up' this morning and I'm glad that it did.

Your scratch work is always a pleasure to watch Tiking so it's great to see you try out some sci-fi and let us all see your work in progress. I have never seen this kit before, and have to confess that I don't even know what 'film' it comes from, but that doesn't detract from the look of the thing, nor what you are doing to it to make it extra-special.

I love it.

Wishing you happy Christmas and a great new year,

Badder

PS. I think you must have been sneaking a look at the presents under our Christmas tree! That 'Clunk Buster' looks just like the hair drier Santa brought for my wife!:D

Edited by Badder

On 2017-12-25 at 9:02 AM, Badder said:

:partytime:

I have no idea why but somehow this WIP wasn't showing up on my feed. Well, it suddenly 'popped up' this morning and I'm glad that it did.

Your scratch work is always a pleasure to watch Tiking so it's great to see you try out some sci-fi and let us all see your work in progress. I have never seen this kit before, and have to confess that I don't even know what 'film' it comes from, but that doesn't detract from the look of the thing, nor what you are doing to it to make it extra-special.

I love it.

Wishing you happy Christmas and a great new year,

Badder

PS. I think you must have been sneaking a look at the presents under our Christmas tree! That 'Clunk Buster' looks just like the hair drier Santa brought for my wife!:D

Thank you. The Falke is not from any film. It was designed by a Japanese modeler. If you know your planes and automobiles than you will notice the two side engines are plane fuselage. The main body or pilot cockpit is a car. He started  off with these parts and kit-bashed them together. The rear engine is a drick bottle. You can read about the back story here: http://www.maschinenkrueger.com/models/bk25_2.html.

• Like 1

Added several small details to make the artillery more intricate. I am still adding tiny details to it:

2v2uM3huSxAWPEi.jpg
2v2uM3hJVxAWPEi.jpg
2v2uM3hEhxAWPEi.jpg

The overall look of the parts added to the pod and rear engine so far. I am going to work on the rear engine to make it look a little more complex, but not too much. Although this is an advance craft, it is still has somewhat-modern, technical and mechanical parts. 

2v2uM3hcCxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-01-05 at 2:48 PM, basket said:

Watching you creating stuffs is a pure delight !!!! .... :clap:

Thanks Basket. Appreciate the support.

On 2018-01-05 at 8:45 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

I found this variation from Japan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-_B2VLVYAAZBOH.jpg

Thanks for the link. Very Nice.

Edited by tiking

Now, more work done on the Falke. I decided that this build will only be a project for the Falke and therefore will be no diorama. This is simply because I want to start on my next project, which will involve another truck diorama (yeah, I know, no surprise...;) ). Also, because, I cannot seem to come up with a suitable diorama for it. I do have an idea of how it should be, but I just cannot get around putting it together. On top of that, I am not so inspired to do a sci-fi diorama. But maybe that will change in the near future. So, I will finish up this build and be done with it.

Here we go:

I started to detail the engine. As you can see, it is 'OK' with just the original detailing, but it still needs more to give it more life:

2v2J3th2mxAWPEi.jpg

2v2J3tShLxAWPEi.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I started adding bits of plastic cards and parts from various kits, taken from my 'Misc. Box of tricks'. You can see how all the exra details add life to the simple engine:

2v2J3tV8CxAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tVymxAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tVnkxAWPEi.jpg

2v2J3tVHixAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tV34xAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tSr7xAWPEi.jpg

2v2J3tSqPxAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tVTkxAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tVDSxAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tVYPxAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tVf4xAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3tVQTxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 1

This is what the finish build will look like. Well, I am hoping it will. As you can see, I have already painted the outter body of the Falke. It's a prilimary paint. So, it is not going to look like that. I wanted to see how the colors would look like but I was not exactly happy with the results. So, it is going to get make-over:

2v2J3thFmxAWPEi.jpg
2v2J3thgPxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 4