Super hornet Adversaries

modelling minion

Hi all,

Have a feeling that I have seen some pics somewhere of Super Hornets being used in the adversary role, and in nice camo schemes, and cannot for the life of me find them now and was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction.

Would also like to know if there are any decal sheets out there for them, or even legacy Hornets in 1/48.

Thanks in advance.

Craig.Insert other media

G’Day Craig,

Whilst i I am not sure if there are many E’s or F’s being used strictly as adversary aircraft you may be thinking of some of the VFA-122 aircraft. They had some interesting paint jobs a few years back including a Blue camo E and a desert cam F as well as the digi cam F based on the USN uniform. I believe that fightertown decals may have done a sheet for them which you might still be able to track down. A quick google images search of VFA-122 brings up an assortment of images that might help too. 

Good of luck with the build, always good to see more Supers.

cheers

Cairnsy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cairnsy said:

G’Day Craig,

Whilst i I am not sure if there are many E’s or F’s being used strictly as adversary aircraft you may be thinking of some of the VFA-122 aircraft. They had some interesting paint jobs a few years back including a Blue camo E and a desert cam F as well as the digi cam F based on the USN uniform. I believe that fightertown decals may have done a sheet for them which you might still be able to track down. A quick google images search of VFA-122 brings up an assortment of images that might help too. 

Good of luck with the build, always good to see more Supers.

cheers

Cairnsy

Thanks Cairnsy,

That ties in with what I thought, I will have to try and track down those Fightertown decals!

Craig.

15 hours ago, Jabba said:

There are some of the Fightertown F-18 adversary decal sheets at Spruebrothers, but the one that I think that you want are out of stock.

Thanks Jabba, yeah it looks like that sheet is sold out everywhere.

Hopefully Fightertown will be re-releasing some of their sheets at some point.