Well that was fun...

gengriz

Its been a difficult year, with various elements of "Real Life" in the form of work, family and health interfering badly with modelling. 

But here we are at the end of the year, all is well in "Real Life" and although I don't think it has been my best modelling year by far, under the circumstances I am quite pleased with my output:

The year started ambitiously as I scratch converted a 1/72 James Bond Italeri AW-1010 into a Royal Navy HC3A:

wp99ddfe19_05_06.jpg

Then the somewhat smaller 1/72 Italeri Bell Sioux appeared in Royal Marines markings:

wpd1e49e24_06.jpg

Having flown for years on the same old Airbuses and Boeings, a trip to Marseilles last year introduced me to a new and rather racy looking airliner which i just had to build, the Embraer E series, in this case the 1:144 Revell issue.

wp63c91519_05_06.jpg

And as a quick build, the Airfix 1/72 Tornado F-3 in its easy build incarnation scrubbed up nicely:

wp03506a44_05_06.jpg

The airliner bug had bitten though, so a 1:144 Airfix Trident joined the pack:

wpfc005f74_06.jpg

Followed by the a somewhat modified Hobbyboss Lynx to reflect the retirement of the HMA.8 from RN service this year:

wpeb7d7957_06.jpg

June saw an ancient FROG Hasegawa Thunderchief emerge in Vietnam colours:

wp75b7a9c3_05_06.jpg

Quickly followed by a Hasegawa Phantom, also from the Vietnam era:

wp52b70166_05_06.jpg

July saw my main building project move a big step forward (of which more later), celebrated by my first F-35 Kit (Fujimi 1/72) in RN markings:

wp2a1c341e_05_06.jpg

Then the airliner bug hit again with an Airfix 1:144 BAC 1-11:

wp95e5dd4d_05_06.jpg

August and September were manic months, with little time for anything other than work, but with my main buillding project in Scapa Flow, marking 100 yrs since Sqn Lt Cdr Dunning made the world's first first landing on a ship, I squeezed out an Airfix 1/72 Camel to mark the occasion. 

wp4761c058_05_06.jpg

Always a refuge when things are busy, the 1/72 Trumpeter LAV-25 gave me a quick AFV build, my first for many years:

wpfeef4007_05_06.jpg

And because building something new in the time I had to spare was out of the question, I resorted to a repaint of an older model, a Royal Navy FOST Dauphin using the 1/72 Matchbox/Revell kit:

wp9040711e_05_06.jpg

And then an old 1/72 KP Su-7 FITTER, with an ICM Zil 157 truck to refuel it

wpfeb7cc95_05_06.jpg

Followed by a rather difficult 1/72 FROG (Hasegawa) A-4K Skyhawk which had some critical parts missing:

wp020e6132_05_06.jpg

...and finally, on the 7th December 2017 my main building project, the one that has dominated my life for the last 6 years, was handed over to its new owners. 

Maybe next year there will now be a little more time for modelling - or maybe not - we do have a second one to build!

HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH departs Portsmouth for sea trials

QUEEN ELIZABETH departs Portsmouth for sea trials - Crown copyright

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/qeclasscarriers/]QEClassCarriers, on Flickr

Edited by gengriz
spelling!
  • Like 20

Some super work there, loved your F-35 (and I don't like modern jets!), I think the Kiwi Scooter would be my favourite as well, but then I'm building one of those ATM (although after seeing yours, I'm thinking of buying some wool and knitting needles . . .)

• 3 weeks later...