FM HP Halifax Mk III

Chris Preston

Good Day All,

I have a FM HP Halifax Mk III in my stash that I'm contemplating on building, and yes -  I'm aware of the challenges. One of the things I've learned about this kit is that the fuselage is approximately 1/4" short. Would any one on this message board know where the problem is and if it can be corrected? Also, are there a decent set of plans available (preferably in 1/48th scale)?

Cheers,

Chris Preston,

Victoria, BC,

Canada

I can't answer your question Chris, but I built the Halton version of this kit and it was a nightmare. the fuselage halves were actually different lengths by about 1/4inch!! My best advice is progress slowly and solve each problem as you find it. The engine mountings were particularly challenging!

regards

Steve

16 hours ago, Chris Preston said:

One of the things I've learned about this kit is that the fuselage is approximately 1/4" short. Would any one on this message board know where the problem is and if it can be corrected? Also, are there a decent set of plans available (preferably in 1/48th scale)?

Hi Chris

there was a thread here on this, 

a member called @LongMan2  posted information and photos (which are on photobucket, try using a embed fix to see them)b on page 2

Note the other links as well, which lead to more. @Chris Jephcott  managed to finish his kit!

I appreciate you are a long way from central Canada, but they do have a Mk.VII Halifax,  so some Canadian folks might have some actual measurements to work from.

plenty to read and ponder on.

HTH

T