Westland PV-1 1/72 Maquette

Shalako

Hello lads,

I was recently given this kit - Westland PV-1, in 1/72 (it's the Maquette kit but, I think its the old Frog) to built it for a friend and I was wondering if anyone could suggest an aftermarket detail set, either resin or etched, that I could use/modify, in order to build the kit's cockpit as well, add other internal/external details. Moreover, does anyone know a website and/or blog that I could look for photos of the actual aircraft (cockpit, etc.).

Many Thanks.

Shalako

There is the fuselage of one in the RAF museum - some photos here https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/model/Westland Wallace II

One of the more difficult things to do is the Townend ring cowling round the engine which has a bulge in it. Not even the Aeroclub E045 engine for the Wallace had this bulge so I think you're on your own for that. I have a build of one in mind but haven't figured that bit out yet.

Sadly, I don't ever recall seeing much at all in the way of resin detail bits specifically for Frog kits. I think they're just too old and many have been replaced by better kits, so the aftermarket guys may not feel there's a big enough market for aftermarket sets for these oldies but goodies.

I have soft spot on this old kit. This is a very nice model, of course old Frog mould. With some scratch build detailing one can do from this set  variants of  Wapiti or Wallace Mk I or even Mk II. I did it one, if you want to see it is here;

I hope you like it

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1