My Daughter's Second Model - 1/72 Spitfire

This model was completed in January this year after a two year build, started just before her 5th birthday. It came from the old Airfix Airfield Diorama set. The full story of the build is shown in the link below, but for those who don't want to read the whole build thread, here's just a few of the completed pictures.

Build thread - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235029483-spitfire-prig-diorama-with-a-twist-172-scale/

lytabuild_spit061.jpg

lytabuild_spit062.jpg

lytabuild_spit070.jpg

lytabuild_spit071.jpg

lytabuild_spit076.jpg

With nowhere to keep and display it, she said she had enjoyed the built, but agreed we'd try and sell it. The model was framed and sold, with the profits buying several new lego sets.

spitfire_pr_2017_001.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Hey young lady, congrats to a very nice dio. Wish my second model would have looked as good as yours. Hope you enjoy the hobby and will produce some more great looking models.

Greetings from Switzerland.

Michael

• Like 1

That looks great! And the young lady in question is 7?!? A moment of silence please as I get my stuff and exit stage right!!!!!!!! That's real talent from one so young, looking forward to seeing her next effort

• Like 1

My goodness!

If I had been able to do that at your age I might have retired from the hobby by now!

That is one excellent diorama and I am loving the "pink" scheme (circa 1942, according to one online reference I looked at).

Thanks for showing this.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

I'm absolutely staggered with the quality of your daughter's work.  She is clearly exceptionally talented.  I was building kits at her age but nowhere near as good as this.  Mine invariably would have glue frosted canopies and sometimes a coat of paint that would never dry!  I think i was too impatient to take each model out on its first sortie!  All credit to your good self for your encouragement and support.  Watching my dad building the Airfix 1.24th Me109E was what really inspired me to get building. Clearly your own skills, judging from the railway layouts, have rubbed off and inspired your daughter. 

• Like 1