Kinetic`s new Mirage III BE in 1:48

1 hour ago, replicant said:

the fairings at the bottom are quite parallel to reference line/ground, you can see it and you can measure it, the fuselage is nearly 2,3 times the back end of the shield.

It looks like; yeh. Now, the strakes are different on the Kinetic kit with relation to those on the real thing. See how they're bent upward on the forward end on the kit.

Gonna have to ask Andreas Klein. What with the bigger nose wheel.

Incidentally; did the German Phantoms ever receive the avionics upgrade in order to use the AIM-7 Sparrow missiles? Got a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4F kit - the Holloman AFB one, which comes with the Yank Sqn decals. :doh:

I'd need to source some German Air Force ones; perhaps some of the JG 74 Mölders Sqn. What say you?  

17 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

It looks like; yeh. Now, the strakes are different on the Kinetic kit with relation to those on the real thing. See how they're bent upward on the forward end on the kit.

Gonna have to ask Andreas Klein. What with the bigger nose wheel.

Incidentally; did the German Phantoms ever receive the avionics upgrade in order to use the AIM-7 Sparrow missiles? Got a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4F kit - the Holloman AFB one, which comes with the Yank Sqn decals. :doh:

I'd need to source some German Air Force ones; perhaps some of the JG 74 Mölders Sqn. What say you?  

Some have bent up pipes but it starts halfway, as have the swiss ones, they also have the ugly big wheels i have seen.

The Luftwaffe Diesels didnt get the Sparrow, but with the new radar they got the Amraam, Mavericks were sometimes seen

Cheers!

Looking at the photo of 202,  I would say that 202 is not a true Mirage IIIBE.  To me it looks like a hybrid aircraft, built as a Mirage IIIB with the ventral pack taken from a IIIE with a IIIBE nose.  The rear end of 202 has the ATAR 9B with the Mirage IIIC fuselage end.   The cable conduits underneath the nose are from the IIIB.  These were changed on the IIIBE. 

Hope this helps ....

Zhizhou

Forgot to say Mathy, thanks for sharing another superb Mirage Build, another winner.

Have you ever thought of joining the IPMS Mirage SIG ?

On 12.12.2017 at 8:46 PM, zhizhou said:

Forgot to say Mathy, thanks for sharing another superb Mirage Build, another winner.

Have you ever thought of joining the IPMS Mirage SIG ?

Not yet Zhizhou, but now🙄