1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.11/12/13 & 14 by Special Hobby - NF.11/.12/.14 & TT.20 released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.11/12/13 & 14 by Special Hobby - NF.11/.12 & 14 - released
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Special Hobby

The upcoming SH72437 A.W. Meteor NF Mk.11 'RAF Squadrons' 1/72 scale model will offer four machines. As the name suggests, all in RAF colours. Two of the machines operated from home bases, the other two flew behind our own high blue wall. They operated from bases in West Germany.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.11/12/13 & 14 by Special Hobby - NF.11/.12 & 14 released

I’ve so far bought the nf12 and 14. Both are really nicely detailed kits. I’ll definitely be bagging the nf11 as soon as it’s available. 

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.11/12/13 & 14 by Special Hobby - NF.11/.12 & 14 released - new NF.11 Red Roo boxing "Fireflash Missile Trial"
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.11/12/13 & 14 by Special Hobby - NF.11/.12 & 14 released - new TT.20 boxing in 2023
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.11/12/13 & 14 by Special Hobby - NF.11/.12 & 14 released - new TT.20 boxing in 2024
  • 2 weeks later...

Still missing

Armstrong Whitworth Meteor. Mk.13

and decals for Suez 1956 for RAF, Arabs and Israel.

I bought one 11 for converzion but could offer a kit.

Samo/P.k

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

What are the differences between NF.11 and NF.13? I understand NF.13 has couple underside intakes for air conditioner. Any other external differences?

This was discussed a looong time ago, somebody, I think another Dennis @sloegin57 published some photos, I annotated one to show the differences so any credit for the photo goes to the original poster, I hope I've correctly credited it, apologies if not.

In addition to the intakes for the air conditioning units, it had Automatic Direction Finder (ADF), which is a radio-compass and some additional navigation equipment.  The direction finding element for the ADF was housed under a clear perspex fairing which formed the upper part of the fairing behind the canopy.  The additional navigation kit resulted in some additional aerials (all the pictures show NF.13s festooned with aerials.  I've not seen a picture of an NF.13 without big-bore intakes.

Anyway, a picture paints a thousand words as they say...

NF13_Annotated

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wez said:

This was discussed a looong time ago, somebody, I think another Dennis @sloegin57 published some photos, I annotated one to show the differences so any credit for the photo goes to the original poster, I hope I've correctly credited it, apologies if not.

In addition to the intakes for the air conditioning units, it had Automatic Direction Finder (ADF), which is a radio-compass and some additional navigation equipment.  The direction finding element for the ADF was housed under a clear perspex fairing which formed the upper part of the fairing behind the canopy.  The additional navigation kit resulted in some additional aerials (all the pictures show NF.13s festooned with aerials.  I've not seen a picture of an NF.13 without big-bore intakes.

Anyway, a picture paints a thousand words as they say...

NF13_Annotated

Looks like fairly doable conversion. Air scoops being the most difficult part. The whole canopy is transparent in SH kit so the perspex fairing could be done with just masking. All those aerials... even if SH gives us a set of plastic sticks - I'd replace them with wire of varied thickness anyway. 

Couple of Quickboost scoops for 3 quid + a set of appropriate decals is what we need. 

BTW Happy New Year to all the modellers of the world :)

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

Once again he checked really on sprue A.

Parts 8 and10 but very poor quality. I have a lot of books about the Meteor, but even Israeli books are poorly visible. 

Samo/P.k

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Meteor NF.11/12/13 & 14 by Special Hobby - NF.11/.12/.14 & TT.20 released