Gator - Part three of the trilogy

Gremlin56

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Looking forward to seeing when you start getting the paint on. :coolio:

Kind regards,

Stix

Your wish is my command Stix, base coat of Nato green put on this afternoon, hope to dabble with the camo tomorrow B)

28/12 update, rather picture heavy today.

Base coat of Nato green added.

DSCN5612.jpg

DSCN5613.jpg

DSCN5615.jpg

DSCN5616.jpg

DSCN5617.jpg

DSCN5618.jpg

DSCN5619.jpg

DSCN5620.jpg

DSCN5621.jpg

The gator is turning out to be a very enjoyable build and is looking very nice so far.

Wine time B)

• Like 8

Is that thing supposed to float?  With all that armor and stuff I think I'd be the closest to the exit hatch and my life jacket handy.

Looking good, if a big green box can actually look good though.  What brand is that NATO Green as it sure looks a lot lighter and brighter than the Tamiya 

XF67 I usually use?

That's quite the triple threat you have lined up there and that jeep isn't too shabby either.  The Gator looks a little lost unless it can go swimming in an oasis,

ain't much wet in the sandbox.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Is that thing supposed to float?  With all that armor and stuff I think I'd be the closest to the exit hatch and my life jacket handy.

Looking good, if a big green box can actually look good though.  What brand is that NATO Green as it sure looks a lot lighter and brighter than the Tamiya 

XF67 I usually use?

That's quite the triple threat you have lined up there and that jeep isn't too shabby either.  The Gator looks a little lost unless it can go swimming in an oasis,

ain't much wet in the sandbox.

Take care,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd, this is Vallejo Nato green acrylic ground and it is a bit lighter in color than the Tamiya Nato green.

Amazingly these things do float :penguin:

Thanks Julian

I thought the old eyes were playing tricks but it is quite a bit brighter than the Tamiya shade.  I'm sure you will wave your wand and fix that though.

Save me a seat right beside the hatch and don't get in the way.

Take care,

Lloyd

19 minutes ago, Kris B said:

What paints have you used. 

Hi Chris,

Vallejo Nato green primer, Vallejo Nato brown and black. I'll get some photos up later. Just in the process of peeling of Panzer Putty and doing minor touch ups.

;)

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Looking good under a coat of green, nice collection of armour there. 

Glynn 

Thanks Glynn

:D

The gator is looking rather good together with the other two are there any plans to add to the modern squad or is a break with armour on the cards when this is done  B)

beefy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

The gator is looking rather good together with the other two are there any plans to add to the modern squad or is a break with armour on the cards when this is done  B)

beefy

Hi Keith, I am approaching an armor OD at the moment so I think I'll be doing something completely different, just not sure if it will be a wingy thingy or a floaty thingy ;)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

It looks resplendent  init`s colours Gremlin.

It looks like fun doing the masking for her?

Simon.

Hi Simon, flashy, squeaky clean at the moment. The masking was done with Panzer putty, great stuff. Best moment is when you remove the masking and see that you have either achieved a very gorgeous looking effect or have made a complete b***s-up of it :D Free hand spraying without masking is more fun but this had to be tight edged camo.

:penguin::penguin:

Photos show up alot of spots that need some TLC B)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

The work with the camo is fantastic, very good, the colors seem to fit exactly the real ones (at least for me), when this weathered, it will be a whole BUFF beauty! ...:popcorn:

Cheers Julian and HNY2018 :santa:

Thank you Francis,

A very happy New Year to you and your family,

Cheers

Julian