TSR2 meets Red Beard

A little 1/72 scale something I`ve been working on the last couple of months with a fair amount of that time trying to choose an appropriate paint scheme!  

This is most definitively within the realms of `what if`, although some of it can be traced in fact like say, the serial numbers and red tail, which tended to be the scheme of choice for most test establishments. 

So here we have TSR2 air frame XR229 test dropping a Red Beard dummy bomb which IIRC would initially have been the TSR`s nuclear weapon of choice. 

A fun build and something a little different from the white or camo versions often seen on the net. Possibly not so much a `what if`, but more a `could of been`?

38011785295_115252ce70_c.jpg 

27121983299_2f8b930fa0_c.jpg 

38898346321_88da177f7d_c.jpg 

38011784375_7d36cec5db_c.jpg 

38011783325_990ea6a7d5_c.jpg 

Thanks for looking.

• Like 49

If only............(wistful sigh)

A lovely model of what would have been a great aeroplane.

Edited by FatFlyHalf
Added emotion
  • Like 1

I particularly like photos 2 and 3: the colour scheme, and especially the "strip it, but leave the fuselage serials alone" paint job hits a right note for a hard-pressed, urgently-needed trials aircraft.

Having now made this rod for your own back how about having a go at a 2-seat Lightning flying chase?  Go on; you know you want to......

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stever219 said:

I particularly like photos 2 and 3: the colour scheme, and especially the "strip it, but leave the fuselage serials alone" paint job hits a right note for a hard-pressed, urgently-needed trials aircraft.

Having now made this rod for your own back how about having a go at a 2-seat Lightning flying chase?  Go on; you know you want to......

I`ll see what I can do........ :D

• Like 1