Sukhoi Su-17M3 'Fitter-H'

Modelsvit 1:72 with Linden Hill decals.

Although a 'short-run' model, one of the better models I have ever built - its details surpass those of 1:48 offerings, yet it builds really nice due to clever design.

su17-600x401.jpg

su17-5-600x401.jpg

su17-8-600x401.jpg

su17-17-600x401.jpg

su17-16-600x401.jpg

su17-14-600x401.jpg

Edited by InFlames
  • Like 42

Now that is a fantastic build of one of my favourite machines. Great finish and great marks. I have one of these in my pile and your build has made me think whether it should creep further up the queue! Very nice!

Martin

Thank you, guys!

19 hours ago, Ignacio said:

Please post a photo of the seat! How many pieces?

You can see the step-by-step photos, including the 23-piece ejection seat here: https://vvsmodelling.com/2017/12/06/modelsvit-172-su-17m3-fitter-h-build-article/

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I'm particularly liking the camouflage. Which Nationality is this please ?

It's in the Azerbaijani Air Force markings - rather obscure scheme with only 4 airframes painted like that and put on reserve soon after that.

13 hours ago, Jurek Greinert said:

great camo... do you have photos of the original?

You can see one here: https://vvsmodelling.com/2017/12/07/sukhoi-su-17m3-fitter-h/ Problem is though, that there are just a few photos available and colours vary quite a bit between them, especially the tan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, guys! Glad you like her!

21 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Here you

IMG_2917

Martin

Martin, Mr.Gordon made quite a few mistakes in this book, including with the short paragraph on the Azeri Fitter. Colours are way off in that pic as well.

Yes, you are right and that is the case with many of his books. Nevertheless they are really the best source of information and imagery provided that you interpret things correctly. Do you know of a better Su-7 book?

Martin

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Yes, you are right and that is the case with many of his books. Nevertheless they are really the best source of information and imagery provided that you interpret things correctly. Do you know of a better Su-7 book?

Martin

Yes unfortunately he's more or less the only choice on Soviet/Russian aviation subjects in English language. I am not aware of any other Fitter books, though there might be some in Russian language.