New Man Porsche 956

935k3

This is the Tamiya kit. The body was masked and airbrushed.  Scratchbuilt parts include the airbox connecting fan to roof NACA duct, the fuel injection system and the towers and rings on the rear suspension which will connect to  the scratchbuilt brake duct hose on the uprights. The chassis needs painting (aluminum) yet. The cooling slots under the molded in exhausts were opened, that was hard and had re make missing sections of exhaust. i am using the Tamiya photo etch set which includes brake rotors. This will have allot of wiring and hoses when finished.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 935k3
typo
  • Like 5

Nice work! Love the shine on that oil tank.

Never did understand why Tamiya forgot the brake cooling ducts. Plus I've never seen a 956 or 962 with a jump seat, so not sure what they were drinking (sake I guess) when this went through.

Lovely work, looks absolutely cracking.

Have a look at the pictures here https://www.tumblr.com/search/le mans 1984 especially the in-car shot of Pesca,  The seatbelts were black in the Joest 7 car.  (I made mine to match the works cars and found a picture afterwards).  I believe there is another in-car shot in the edition of Grand Prix International magazine that covers the 1984 Le Mans too.