Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

Hello everyone... If I seem absent over the next few days please accept my apologies in advance. Ive had an incident family wise, and SWMBO needs me more. Her mother had a minor stroke and we will of course be concentrating on her care. I will check in when time allows but have stopped my building for the time being. 

Dennis

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everyone... If I seem absent over the next few days please accept my apologies in advance. Ive had an incident family wise, and SWMBO needs me more. Her mother had a minor stroke and we will of course be concentrating on her care. I will check in when time allows but have stopped my building for the time being. 

Dennis

Sorry to read this Dennis. I hope there are no lasting after-effects.

• Thanks 1

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Dennis you do what you need to do, family should always come before models.  I hope she makes a good recovery, these are never easy things to go through.  We will all be fine here, we'll carry on throwing paper and passing notes like we do when you're not looking :P

I only popped on to say my Blue Angels decals had arrived for the Curtiss Hawk, but I've done no modelling myself since I last posted that the Gundam was almost finished.

lhNmorf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, so my model time has not been as frequent as I'd have liked, its been a troubling couple of months at work, as the company I have worked at for 18 years was bought by a rival organisation.  Its been a lot of stress and worry, and my mind has not really been in the right state.  But things seems to be settling down, so to gee myself on a bit I thought I'd treat myself to some new model files, as my current ones I've had for 20+ years and they are showing their age.  Picked up a set of these on Ebay, and they seem to be spot on so far.  The file is a little coarser than I expected, but they are nicer to use and a bit smaller for fine work, so its no biggie to spend a little more time finishing with fine sandpaper afterwards.

x0CSByJ.jpg

• Like 2

I've very tempted to make start on a Bandai X-wing as it would be nice to have something going on in this GB.

[I had tried to start a post for my mini A-Wing here, but I manged to post it into the aircraft section and then I gave vague instructions to get it moved and it's ended up as a Science Fiction & RealSpace WIP. And I don't want to annoy any Mods in asking for another move!] 

8 weeks you say.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AaronKSJ said:

I've very tempted to make start on a Bandai X-wing as it would be nice to have something going on in this GB.

[I had tried to start a post for my mini A-Wing here, but I manged to post it into the aircraft section and then I gave vague instructions to get it moved and it's ended up as a Science Fiction & RealSpace WIP. And I don't want to annoy any Mods in asking for another move!] 

8 weeks you say.... 

Id move it if i could as it is a good build. Unfortunately it is now almost complete. Id be very happy to see you join with an X-Wing or something else. However I will leave that choice to you. 

Dennis

I have already contacted the Mods for the website...

Why has my "Tintin/Bab El Ehr Mosquito"  thread disappeared?  I mean...it's gone...

Am I in some kind of breach-of-contract?   What gives fellows?

--John 🤨:swear:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Why has my "Tintin/Bab El Ehr Mosquito"  thread disappeared?  I mean...it's gone...

Thats scary, I looked around for it as well ? I dont know what happened to it ? 

That my new WiP thread on a fictional Mosquito from 'The Red Sea Sharks' has simply disappeared is extremely bothersome.  None of the powers that be here at BritModeller seem to know what happened or where it went or why. That, too, is a troublesome concept. It's as if someone has deleted it.  I know it wasn't me.  

I was excited to build a fourth Tintin/Herge inspired build.  The operative word there is 'was'.  Now...not so much.  The wind, as they say, has been knocked from my sails.  Perhaps I will come back and start it again but for now it goes back on the shelf.  Thank you all for a wonderful and fun GB!  

--John😐

• Sad 3

Im very sorry you have lost your build John. I don't have any idea what could have happened to it. I cant blame you for losing mojo over the loss. However you’ve done several builds now for this group build, more than your fair share. So thank you for participating and will see in the next build. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2019 at 3:33 PM, John D.C. Masters said:

Hi John have sent you a PM, your thread is still visible to me and have sent you a link.

Chris

Well chaps with just over a month to go, we have achieved 53 active members in our group build, with some great builds.

The list has been edited at the start of chat, if ive missed you off, let me know!

All the best Chris

• Like 1