Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats what KUTA is for isn't it ? 😉 Sorry being a bit cheeky this morning. Honestly i do know what its like as i have 6 projects on the bench now. Four in this build and two others.

Yes you are but that's why I love you :D 

I'll make an effort to clear at least one of the three projects before starting any others and there is a chance another of those current ones could become a parallel build with a What-if so who knows ;) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, peterairfix said:

I have the kitech blue thunder could I join in.

Most certainly, Blue Thunder welcome anytime, built the original monogram one many moons ago, still have the film on dvd.

Welcome aboard,

All the best Chris

(Co-host)

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 7:00 AM, Max Headroom said:

I’m in! Hopefully we’ll succeed in getting this over the line.

I’ll probably need reminding too ^_^

Trevor

I told you I needed reminding :P

Right then....thinking hat on.

Definitely WHIFFY (so to speak).

Trevor  

• Like 2

Just now, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's for those like me who tend to build aircraft here's a bit of food for thought subject wise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_in_fiction

Thanks for posting this Steve, yes thats a good one. I placed it in the reference area on Saturday. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's for those like me who tend to build aircraft here's a bit of food for thought subject wise.

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks for posting this Steve, yes thats a good one. I placed it in the reference area on Saturday. 

My apologies Steve if my posting to this yesterday seemed a bit gruff. Was just typing in a hurry and doing too many things. It is a good place to get ideas, and thank you for pointing it out. As not everyone check’s the references area out. 

Dennis

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

My apologies Steve if my posting to this yesterday seemed a bit gruff. Was just typing in a hurry and doing too many things. It is a good place to get ideas, and thank you for pointing it out. As not everyone check’s the references area out. 

No problem Dennis,I never checked out the reference section before posting,basicly nearly every aircraft ever flown is in that list!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 8:31 AM, stevej60 said:

There is also the The Internet Movie Plane Database

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

gosh seeing some of these planned Whiffy inspired builds :crying:....... I soooo want to build one but don't have the time now the beast has taken over the bench/life! 

IMG_3574-L.jpg

She's over 20" long (the rotor at least 30")with +1000 bits of PE!!

Otherwise I'm sure I could have wangled Heinkel He-477 Zwilling "Frankenbeast" into the GB some how! 

• Like 6

Oops!.......better get started.

Looks like there's going to be 2 USS Sea Tigers,as that's what I was planning on doing too @Tim R-T-C

Hopefully I'll be able to make a convincing smoke effect coming out of the troublesome engine............"Always that number 1 engine"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dreadeddrew said:

Oops!.......better get started.

Looks like there's going to be 2 USS Sea Tigers,as that's what I was planning on doing too @Tim R-T-C

Hopefully I'll be able to make a convincing smoke effect coming out of the troublesome engine............"Always that number 1 engine"

Too bad you cant get the sound effect as well. The weird flushing toilet noise the engine always makes always gets me to laugh. 

Mmm...

With an "Red Tail P-51D Mustang" one maybe could take part in two GB's at the same time?

I am afraid I am kept bizzy as a sailmaker at my new job at North Sails for the moment. Didn't even had the time to get the kit that I want. But still have some hope to start a build albeit some weeks later...

Cheers / André

• Like 1

Probably won't have time to build it, but would a TSR2 in service with 617 Squadron RAF with Tornado style pods, laser seeker etc (as it might have been in 1979 or even a bit later) be eligible?

Pete

9 minutes ago, Andre B said:

With an "Red Tail P-51D Mustang" one maybe could take part in two GB's at the same time?

Would that be a dual build for this and the P-51 Stgb ? If so I have no issues as the markings would be good for both “The Tuskegee Airmen” & “Red-Tails”. 

Dennis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Would that be a dual build for this and the P-51 Stgb ? If so I have no issues as the markings would be good for both “The Tuskegee Airmen” & “Red-Tails”. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

Who knews what comes up in time? By the way I found this...

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/amt-953-f-104-starfighter-tomorrow-is-yesterday--1074236

An Luftwaffe F-104 also took part in the well knewn "Right Stuff"...

Live Long and Proper / André

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Probably won't have time to build it, but would a TSR2 in service with 617 Squadron RAF with Tornado style pods, laser seeker etc (as it might have been in 1979 or even a bit later) be eligible?

Pete

I believe it fits right in with the WHIF rule as ive quoted. 

What If IV: The only rule is the subject can't have existed (in completed form) in reality. or The departure from reality can be as subtle as fictional markings.”

I think you're all good sir, i hope you can get around to it as it should be an interesting choice. I assume Dk. Green/Grey wraparound will be the objective here ? 

Dennis