Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

I don't seem to have ever signed up for this but here's a very late "count me in". There are photos online of a Mi-24V Hind E in USCG colours from a Russian film, and Syhart decals for it, so I couldn't resist. It might be a little while before I start - busy in 2 other GBs - but will get to it, and I've started a build thread as a placeholder. There are photos of the helicopter in question here:

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/why-is-this-mi-24-hind-wearing-u-s-coast-guard-colors-1644434863

I don't plan on watching the film - first there's the language problem, then there's the one and half stars I saw a Russian site had given it when I was looking for more info!

I'm also thinking about a second build, which would be a bit of a departure for me - Saga Noren's Porsche 911 from The Bridge. This might not happen - I don't have a kit for it, and it would mean kit bashing two kits as there isn't one of the right model (a 1970s 911S), but I'm seriously considering it. This would be my first car build in about 35 years!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Funny thing is I remember discussing this with you way back sometime. My apologies for you not being on the list Julian.

No worries Dennis. I think there were once a couple of threads on different GB proposals on similar themes - I might have signed up for the other one!

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 3:54 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everybody... Well build time is only a couple of weeks away. I was curious if anyone may be interested in assisting me with hosting responsibilities. I know Sabre_days and Whitestar are listed but i haven't heard from either of them in a long while. I would still do most of the work. However with three simultaneous builds, I'm going to look like a gorilla trying to run a marathon in the forest. If you're interested please let me know ?

Dennis  

Way back I volunteered to assist you if you still want it I'm here.

As for my build well the more I got into 2001 Space Clipper research the more work it appeared to need so I'm on Plan B now (when I find the kit).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Way back I volunteered to assist you if you still want it I'm here.

Yes i will reach out to Enzo if you don't have access to the moderator controls. Pm me and Enzo and we can get the ball rolling on this if you need them.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I presume Luftwaffe '46 stuff is welcome?

Yes it falls into the WHIF category or possibly Movie/T.V. If it is from a movie. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Hello everyone.. No need to respond to this. Just thought i would let everyone know the build is open now and you can start your threads. Just not to much building until the 28th. @Kallisti, @BIG X, @Mancunian airman, @SimonT, @vppelt68, @Max Headroom, @Col., @Arniec, @nimrod54, @stevehnz, @Skids, @Romeo Alpha Yankee, @jrlx, @CliffB, @adamcoffman, @Robert Stuart, @MarkSH, @dreadeddrew, @Thud4444, @JackG, @Knight_Flyer, @Pin, @Bonhoff, @Ale85, @Erwin, @Meteors, @GliderGuider, @Dazzio, @stevej60, @Mig Eater, @Moggy, @philp, @Beazer, @Andre B, @helios16v, @Carts, @AaronKSJ, @Shin, @Rumblestripe, @Angus Tura, @Tim R-T-C, @Prenton

The Hosts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the reminder, hopefully I can reacquire the necessary modelling mojo, lost over the summer due to the usual seasonal distractions and domestic projects. My track record this year is not stellar with regard to GBs so hopefully I can get back in the saddle with the two models that first popped into my mind when this GB was first suggested i.e. the Bullitt Mustang and Charger.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 3

With three semi-stalled projects littering the work-bench and little time to progress them I'm reticent to start any others. Then again I've recently bought three figures that would be ideal for this GB and have a long-term idea tempting me :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Exactly my problem now, been putting off the decision... um...

Snap, i have exactly the same problem.

My shortlist so far:

1) Kylo Rens Tie Silencer (as a detail up quick build)

2) Batwing 1/25 from Batman vs Superman (finally got the replacement parts through, long story)

3)Vorlon fighter from Babylon 5 (Have a large over a foot resin and vacform model of this)

4) Shalin Cruiser from Babylon 5 (some lumps of resin that need detailing and assembly lol)

5) I-401 1/350 Submarine from Japanese Anime Arpeggio of Blue Steel (like a transformer with gravity cannon deployed)

6) 1/25 Cyber formula Racing car, again Japanese anime.

7) A number of batmobiles from the movies all in 1/25 as well as figures in 1/6.

Ahh decisions, decisions.

All the best Chris

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Col. said:

With three semi-stalled projects littering the work-bench and little time to progress them

Thats what KUTA is for isn't it ? 😉 Sorry being a bit cheeky this morning. Honestly i do know what its like as i have 6 projects on the bench now. Four in this build and two others. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, whitestar12chris said:

Snap, i have exactly the same problem.

My shortlist so far:

1) Kylo Rens Tie Silencer (as a detail up quick build)

2) Batwing 1/25 from Batman vs Superman (finally got the replacement parts through, long story)

3)Vorlon fighter from Babylon 5 (Have a large over a foot resin and vacform model of this)

4) Shalin Cruiser from Babylon 5 (some lumps of resin that need detailing and assembly lol)

5) I-401 1/350 Submarine from Japanese Anime Arpeggio of Blue Steel (like a transformer with gravity cannon deployed)

6) 1/25 Cyber formula Racing car, again Japanese anime.

7) A number of batmobiles from the movies all in 1/25 as well as figures in 1/6.

Now thats a list ! 😳

• Haha 1