Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

Can I sneak onto a slot please?

I suspect I'll be building something Star Wars from Bandai, unless I finally lose all my marbles and make a WHIF carrier based / Navy P-61 which is an idea I've been knocking about for a while. 

Hello @AaronKSJ Welcome to the build. I have added you to the list on page 1. Either option sounds great to me, but a Gloss sea blue P-61 sounds good. Though the USN did operate the P-61 as the F2T-1 as a conversion trainer for the F7F Tigercat. None of them ever flew from carriers. 

Dennis

1 hour ago, SAU said:

Why not go for the checkered scheme used on the CF-121 Redhawks  :)

Oh man I didn’t even know.  

Time to find a good Mig -21F Kit and decals lol.  Do a BMF finish and spray a clear coat on it to make it look dull.

Do that F-84F too while I’m at it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll jump in on this one if I can, seems like a suitable first GB to get my teeth into.  The scope is wide enough that I can either stay in my comfort zone of Sci-Fi/Anime and build a Gundam or space ship from film or TV I love, or head back out of my comfort zone and build something like a military tank painted up as Ecto 1, or P-51D (or other prop plane) with a custom colour scheme, maybe Red Arrows or Blue Angels etc.  I think a kitbash is so far out of my comfort zone that I can't quite see it over there on the horizon right now....

Time to get my thinking cap on and find something within my budget.  Is there a cut off point for when you have to specify what you are building?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I'll jump in on this one if I can, seems like a suitable first GB to get my teeth into.  The scope is wide enough

I've added your name to the list on the Front page. Im happy you chose this as your first group build, and Im looking forward to seeing whatever you decide to build. This being a standard type build you also get 4 months instead of 3 to work on projects. You're correct it, it definitely covers quite a large scope of options. I only suggested it because i remembered seeing your Gundam build in the Sci-fi/space area. 

Dennis

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Shin said:

Please sign me up, would be a great venue to make the Macross Plus companion YF-21 to my just completed YF-19.

hello Shin ... You're signed up, looking forward to the Macross build, see you in September ! 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Hello if I may I'd like to join in? I have a couple of Bandai Star Wars models in the stash which should fit. I have a hankering after a couple of Trek ships too though nothing in the to do pile (yet) 

It also dovetails nicely with completion of my D-day GB as an added bonus. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

if I may I'd like to join in? I have a couple of Bandai Star Wars models in the stash which should fit. 

Hello Sir... I have added you to the list on page one. Its going to be nice with more than a few Star Wars kits. Im doing Blue 4 from Rogue one for the sci-fi. I will also be building a long range stealth intel gathering Whif of the Y-Wing for the whif build. 

On 14/07/2019 at 07:06, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

see you in September ! 

Dennis

Oh wait, this in September?! I’m giving overseas for five weeks. Oops, sorry, I will have to bow out of this one I’m afraid. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, have fun guys!

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Meteors said:

Oh wait, this in September?! I’m giving overseas for five weeks. Oops, sorry, I will have to bow out of this one I’m afraid. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, have fun guys!

September 28 through January 19th 2020... Sorry to hear that Meteors.  It is 4 months so you may have time to do something. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

September 28 through January 19th 2020... Sorry to hear that Meteors.  It is 4 months so you may have time to do something. 

Oh, well in that case I might withdraw my withdrawal. Ignore me, carry on!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sabre Days,

I wonder if the "Dartstang" would be acceptable for this?

On 12/6/2017 at 9:23 AM, Sabre_days said:

...Real projects or proposals that didn't reach the hardware phase (including incomplete prototypes), fictional subjects from media other than film and television (novels, comics, video games, etc.) and original speculative or creative concepts are all included.

This was a CA-18 Mustang re-engined. I don't know how complete the one example was but I don't think it could have been completely complete, as it were, because it never flew before being converted back to a normal CA-18.

I hope that will fit,

Thanks,

Alan

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Sabre Days,

I wonder if the "Dartstang" would be acceptable for this?

This was a CA-18 Mustang re-engined. I don't know how complete the one example was but I don't think it could have been completely complete, as it were, because it never flew before being converted back to a normal CA-18.

I hope that will fit,

Thanks,

Alan

Hello Alan... Sabre_days hasn't been on since November of last year. I haven't heard much from Whitestar12chris the other co-host. He seems to be absent ? For now as the other co-host I have kind of assumed duties of running the build until they come back. I think the Dart-stang would be fine, by your description it would fit in the Whif category. You should know that an identical experiment occurred in 1968 in Florida. Maybe Cavalier studied the Australian work, maybe the other way around ?  Cavalier produced at least one aircraft known as the Turbo-cavalier or Turbo-mustang III using a RR Dart 510 in the exact same cowling set-up. 2XHqraK.png

COeWmFP.png

3zgsmS8.png

UU0DmZa.jpg

It was the idea of this that eventually became the Piper PA-48 Enforcer. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_PA-48_Enforcer

My apologies of you already knew all of this. I have added you to the list. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

This is a new arrival in my stash and I may do it instead of the Star Wars model or as well as.

48497623872_3b0ac8fbae_c.jpg

Stumbled across it on Ebay and I don't know why you would call it a "Prussian God of War" other than to avoid any problems with "Nazi" associations? It reminds me of the computer game "Caste Wolfenstein" and the "Nazi Super Soldiers" that you fight within that game. Genetically modified super-soldiers/zombies armed with preposterously bulky weaponry. It was delivered from China only this morning and I won't open it until I start the GB. It is made of resin so that will be a first for me, if the moulding is as fine as the illustration suggests it should look very nice. Nominally 1/35th or 50mm scale.

• Like 4

On 8/3/2019 at 2:19 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Alan... Sabre_days hasn't been on since November of last year. I haven't heard much from Whitestar12chris the other co-host. He seems to be absent ? For now as the other co-host I have kind of assumed duties of running the build until they come back. I think the Dart-stang would be fine, by your description it would fit in the Whif category. You should know that an identical experiment occurred in 1968 in Florida. Maybe Cavalier studied the Australian work, maybe the other way around ?  Cavalier produced at least one aircraft known as the Turbo-cavalier or Turbo-mustang III using a RR Dart 510 in the exact same cowling set-up. 2XHqraK.png

3zgsmS8.png

It was the idea of this that eventually became the Piper PA-48 Enforcer. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_PA-48_Enforcer

My apologies of you already knew all of this. I have added you to the list. 

Dennis

gee haven't I seen one of these before???  :hmmm:

DSCF1958-L.jpg

DSCF1790-L.jpg

Heritage Model turned out the conversion kits in 1/72nd and 1/48th, it's not a bad conversion either, just a wee bit of work required. There even a "Non-Turbo" Mustang II conversion released in 1/48th as well. I'm not sure how easy it is to find these conversion now, did mine years ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

This is a new arrival in my stash and I may do it instead of the Star Wars model or as well as.

48497623872_3b0ac8fbae_c.jpg

Stumbled across it on Ebay and I don't know why you would call it a "Prussian God of War" other than to avoid any problems with "Nazi" associations? 

Looks cool! But why does it say ‘A series of German women’s soldiers’!?!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Meteors said:

Must be East German (DDR)! :D

..oh I nearly forgot why I came here in the first place. Now have another choice for a build, just bought the Mobius 1/32nd BG Viper Mk. VII with the Green Strawberry PE goodie packs to go with it. If the Hammerhead doesn't give me too much grief then I'll probably build this one as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

gee haven't I seen one of these before???  :hmmm:

DSCF1958-L.jpg

DSCF1790-L.jpg

Heritage Model turned out the conversion kits in 1/72nd and 1/48th, it's not a bad conversion either, just a wee bit of work required. There even a "Non-Turbo" Mustang II conversion released in 1/48th as well. I'm not sure how easy it is to find these conversion now, did mine years ago.

Woah! Crazy mustang there! Never seen something like that before.

It must have snozzola trouble............................. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meteors said:

It appears to be part of a range which includes these ladies

s-l200.jpgs-l200.jpg

Not really my kind of thing but I rather like some other stuff listed like this

s-l200.jpg

Seller on Ebay is called "sun9myl" based in China, no links other than as a customer (this once)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

It appears to be part of a range which includes these ladies

I see, the wolfenstein one has a very masculine appearance, it really threw me!