Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

8 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Four months from Saturday September 28th 2019 thru Sunday January 29th 2020. Any of those would be good choices for the Sci-Fi or Movie/TV sections. I’ve added you to the list provisionally. If you decide to not enter thats ok i can pull you back off. 

Dennis

Thank you :)

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm thinking along the lines of "What if the Hawker Sea Fury reached service a year before it actually did?"

A Sea Fury in British Pacific Fleet markings:  would that fit in with this GB? 

Oooh nice! :wub:

I have two offerings:

First a Hasegawa Grumman X29 completed in Hill Grey scheme, 

This matches the What If theme.

What If IV: The only rule is the subject can't have existed (in completed form) in reality. The departure from reality can be as subtle as fictional markings on an otherwise Rivet-Counter Approved (TM) Spitfire, P-51 or Bf.109, or it can be a completely fanciful kitbash. Real projects or proposals that didn't reach the hardware phase (including incomplete prototypes), fictional subjects from media other than film and television (novels, comics, video games, etc.) and original speculative or creative concepts are all included.

Secondly an Airfix Angel Interceptor completed like an RAF Phantom interceptor.

A Sci-Fi aircraft with a real scheme.  I'm thinking the Sci-Fi there, but could be persuaded What If is most appropriate.

Sci-Fi & Fantasy III: Any subject goes here if it fits the science fiction or fantasy genres. Obsessively screen-accurate, casual OOTB build, non-canon original paint scheme, kitbash or completely original design independent of any published source material...it doesn't matter, as long as it fits in the science fiction or fantasy genre.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

FirstHasegawa Grumman X29 completed in Hill Grey scheme, 

This matches the What If theme.

41 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Secondly an Airfix Angel Interceptor completed like an RAF Phantom interceptor.

A Sci-Fi aircraft with a real scheme.  I'm thinking the Sci-Fi there, but could be persuaded What If is most appropriate.

This build ⬆️ in that scheme should easily fall in this description. ⬇️

43 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

non-canon original paint scheme, kitbash or completely original design independent of any published source material.

Definitely good choices, both fit the criteria listed so welcome to the build. I have added you to the list on page 1. 

Dennis

Hello @Beazer ... Thunderjet in Canadian markings sounds good. I’ve added you to the list. Will you go with a NMF, grey like a voodoo or Green/Grey, or all Green scheme like an F-104 ? The grey, green, or grey-green colors will look great on the Thunderjet. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Beazer ... Thunderjet in Canadian markings sounds good. I’ve added you to the list. Will you go with a NMF, grey like a voodoo or Green/Grey, or all Green scheme like an F-104 ? The grey, green, or grey-green colors will look great on the Thunderjet. 

I’m thinking I’ll go with the grey green scheme.  I have a voodoo to do and that will be traditional.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mmm...

What can be done here? A Spitfire, C-47 or some "strange" Typhoon's from "A Bridge to far".

Why not an Grumman Duck from "Murphy's War". A DC-3 from "The Eagle has landed" or an Ju-52 from "Where Eagles dare"?

A B-52 from "Dr Strangelove" or an fictiuos "Vindicator" (B-58 Hustler) from "Fail Safe"...

There are also some interesting aircrafts with connections to the "Telemark Heroes" and the heavy water production.

Or an hard to get Avro CF-105 Arrow? The One that got away... ;)

Is the door still open?

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Of course it is, welcome aboard Andre. Everyone of those options would make for a good build. I have added you to the list on page 1. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

Will see what I find untill the GB-start...

Cheers / André

• Like 1

I've got a Yuki Kei Space Wolf that is in progress (another shelf queen) that I would like to join as a WIP if allowed (and my schedule fits)...obviously not eligible for the gallery due to being well beyond 25%.

Cheers.

DSCF2202.JPG

3 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I will join this with another Me 262. This will be a fictional plane bases on the book series the Black knights.by Leo Kessler.

Welcome to the Build.

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

I've got a Yuki Kei Space Wolf that is in progress (another shelf queen) that I would like to join as a WIP if allowed (and my schedule fits)...obviously not eligible for the gallery due to being well beyond 25%.

Cheers.

DSCF2202.JPG

I will let you join to see this finished. You already understand that it cant go in the gallery. 

I have added both of you to the list on page 1. 

Dennis

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moviedrone said:

I'd love to join, fancy making something from the world of 007...

Hello moviedrone :post1: and :welcome: to the build. A 007 build is very welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing what you build. Maybe a Lotus or Little Nellie ? I have added you to the list on page one. 

Dennis

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello moviedrone :post1: and :welcome: to the build. A 007 build is very welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing what you build. Maybe a Lotus or Little Nellie ? I have added you to the list on page one. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis