Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

Ooooo look what my lovely (he's actually quite scary) postman delivered today!!

IMG_3348-M.jpg

.... and some lovely PE bits to go with it!

IMG_3347-M.jpg

So crazy me will try for 3, 1/72nd, 1/48th, and 1/32nd......

IMG_3350-M.jpg

This will be an interesting GB.........can't wait!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

So crazy me will try for 3,

I was going for 3 myself but may not have my 3rd kit in time. So for sure i will have an X-wing which will be done as Blue-4 from Rogue one. And a Y-wing which will be a modified kit to turn it into a long Range Recon Fighter from Green Squadron. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 7:40 PM, Rumblestripe said:

This is a new arrival in my stash and I may do it instead of the Star Wars model or as well as.

48497623872_3b0ac8fbae_c.jpg

Stumbled across it on Ebay and I don't know why you would call it a "Prussian God of War" other than to avoid any problems with "Nazi" associations? It reminds me of the computer game "Caste Wolfenstein" and the "Nazi Super Soldiers" that you fight within that game. Genetically modified super-soldiers/zombies armed with preposterously bulky weaponry. It was delivered from China only this morning and I won't open it until I start the GB. It is made of resin so that will be a first for me, if the moulding is as fine as the illustration suggests it should look very nice. Nominally 1/35th or 50mm scale.

Man that looks pretty sinister 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pabbi said:

Hi, if I may I'd like to join in with Focke-Wulf Triebflügeljäger ?

Hello pabbi I have added you to the main list. Welcone aboard and the Triebflügeljäger should look real good. Thoughts on which markings you may be going with ? 

Dennis

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello pabbi I have added you to the main list. Welcone aboard and the Triebflügeljäger should look real good. Thoughts on which markings you may be going with ? 

Dennis

Thanks, markings probable something similar to this...

W0eLFrB.jpg

• Like 2

Hello everyone... No need to respond as Im just taking the time to let everyone know this is one month from starting. Since I haven't seen @Sabre_days on in awhile. As Co-host I have assumed the duties of running the build i hope this is ok @Enzo Matrix, @whitestar12chris. Again simple and friendly reminder to everyone. @SleeperService, @John D.C. Masters, @Kallisti, @BIG X, @Mancunian airman, @Jb65rams, @SimonT, @vppelt68, @Max Headroom, @Col., @Arniec, @nimrod54, @stevehnz, @Skids, @Romeo Alpha Yankee, @trickyrich, @jrlx, @CliffB, @adamcoffman, @Robert Stuart, @MarkSH, @Hockeyboy76, @dreadeddrew, @Thud4444, @JackG, @Knight_Flyer, @wimbledon99, @Pin, @Bonhoff, @Ale85, @Erwin, @German Armour@Valkyrie, @Meteors, @GliderGuider, @Dazzio, @stevej60, @Mig Eater, @Moggy, @Tony Oliver, @philp, @theplasticsurgeon, @Beazer, @Andre B, @Greg Law, @helios16v, @Carts, @moviedrone, @AaronKSJ, @HoolioPaulio, @Shin, @Rumblestripe, @Angus Tura, @pabbi

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

On 4/30/2019 at 8:45 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

I have two offerings:

First a Hasegawa Grumman X29 completed in Hill Grey scheme, 

This matches the What If theme.

IMG-20190830-233857-525.jpg

What If IV: The only rule is the subject can't have existed (in completed form) in reality. The departure from reality can be as subtle as fictional markings on an otherwise Rivet-Counter Approved (TM) Spitfire, P-51 or Bf.109, or it can be a completely fanciful kitbash. Real projects or proposals that didn't reach the hardware phase (including incomplete prototypes), fictional subjects from media other than film and television (novels, comics, video games, etc.) and original speculative or creative concepts are all included.

Secondly an Airfix Angel Interceptor completed like an RAF Phantom interceptor.

A Sci-Fi aircraft with a real scheme.  I'm thinking the Sci-Fi there, but could be persuaded What If is most appropriate.

IMG-20190830-233439.jpg

Sci-Fi & Fantasy III: Any subject goes here if it fits the science fiction or fantasy genres. Obsessively screen-accurate, casual OOTB build, non-canon original paint scheme, kitbash or completely original design independent of any published source material...it doesn't matter, as long as it fits in the science fiction or fantasy genre.

And adding a Matchbox Lightning T55 to the consideration - need to decide a scheme

IMG-20190830-233927-776.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the reminder Dennis ... this is yet another year I won't join the seaplane / flying boat GB.

Now, somewhere in my stash, I have a Sevans DARLEK, or I could try scratch building something from Elite Dangerous?

Orcas.jpg

ed-18-0007.jpg

Python.jpg  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

need to decide a scheme

What about a unit stationed at Akrotiri in desert Camouflage of De/Ms/Azure ? I think that would be an excellent color-scheme ?

22 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Thanks for the reminder Dennis

You're welcome, though i didn't mean to pull you from the seaplanes/flying boats G/b. 

Dennis

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

What about a unit stationed at Akrotiri in desert Camouflage of De/Ms/Azure ? I think that would be an excellent color-scheme ?

Desert had crossed my mind as an Arabian Knight.  I hadn't thought of RAF desert though - and I've got leftover decals from other RAF camo Lightnings.

Like that one!

Edited, by a drunk in a pub at 20:55.

Desert on side, Arctic the other, natural metal underside - how does that sound??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

...or I could try scratch building something from Elite Dangerous?

Ooooh, now that I would love to see.  My personal favourite was the Diamondback Explorer, I spent many thousands of light years in that exploring celestial bodies then selling the data for profit.  From the back it always reminded me of a big moth.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HoolioPaulio said:

Ooooh, now that I would love to see.  My personal favourite was the Diamondback Explorer, I spent many thousands of light years in that exploring celestial bodies then selling the data for profit.  From the back it always reminded me of a big moth.

Mmm, yes, I used to love my DBX.  I'll rethink that as an option (it may be too complex to scratch build).

I can see where you are coming from with the 'moth' look.

• Like 1

Right, I have my two kits ready.

First one, Bandai Star Wars Snowspeeder 1/48.  Hopefully this will push me out of my comfort zone to learn weathering better, as you can't build a clean Star Wars model, they have to look used and dirty.  To say Star Wars is my life is an understatement, however this will only be my second ever SW kit.  I've always wanted to, but knowing I'd have to weather them always put me off.  Even though I did make a decent job of Anakins Pod Racer when The Phantom Menace came out, I'll dig it out and get some pictures in the sci-fi ready for inspection section.

4xY6ji8.jpg

Second, I'm going with an Airfix Curtiss Hawk 1/72, but I intend to paint it in the Blue Angels livery.  I've not had an in depth look on Google, but I don't think the Hawk was ever used by the Blue Angels (unless someone can correct me).  I had originally planned to use a Spitfire, but my model shop didn't have one unfortunately.  But I like the look of the Hawk and it will still fit the bill for never existing in that livery, I hope.

QgbVVYK.jpg

And if these are both completed in plenty of time, I'll wing it and find something else to start.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Mmm, yes, I used to love my DBX.  I'll rethink that as an option (it may be too complex to scratch build).

I can see where you are coming from with the 'moth' look.

Yeah I did think that one would be too complex to scratch, which is a shame.  It would make an awesome kit.  Second to that I loved my Asp Explorer, and that is also a cool looking ship which looks like it would be an easier scratch.  Although, having never scratch built anything because I'm nowhere near that good yet, I'm just guessing :)

5 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I've not had an in depth look on Google, but I don't think the Hawk was ever used by the Blue Angels (unless someone can correct me).

Yes you are correct they never used the Hawk. The angels first planes were Grumman Hellcats. 

"The "Blues" have flown eight different demonstration aircraft and six support aircraft models. Demonstration aircraft included

Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat: June–August 1946

Grumman F8F-1 Bearcat: August 1946 – 1949

Grumman F9F-2 Panther: 1949 – June 1950 (first jet); F9F-5 Panther: 1951 - Winter 1954/55

Grumman F9F-8 Cougar: Winter 1954/55 - mid-season 1957 (swept-wing)

Grumman F11F-1 (F-11) Tiger: mid-season 1957 – 1968 (first supersonic jet)

McDonnell Douglas F-4J Phantom II: 1969 – December 1974

Douglas A-4F Skyhawk: December 1974 – November 1986

McDonnell Douglas F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornet (F/A-18B/D are #7 aircraft): November 1986 – present. Support aircraft used were the JRB Expeditor (Beech 18): 1949–?

Douglas R4D-6 Skytrain: 1949–1955

Curtiss R5C Commando: 1953

Douglas R5D Skymaster: 1956–1968

Lockheed C-121 Super Constellation: 1969–1973

Lockheed C-130 Hercules "Fat Albert": 1970–2019

Miscellaneous aircraft

North American SNJ Texan "Beetle Bomb"(used to simulate a Japanese A6M Zero aircraft in demonstrations during the late 1940s)

Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star (Used during the 1950s as a VIP transport aircraft for the team)

Vought F7U Cutlass (two of the unusual F7Us were received in late 1952 and flown as a side demonstration during the 1953 season but they were not a part of their regular formations which at the time used the F9F Panther. Pilots and ground crew found it unsatisfactory and plans to use it as the team's primary aircraft were cancelled)."

This is roughly copied and pasted from wiki. 

Dennis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

I knew it was coming soon . . . 

I think I shall be building the main aircraft from the film 'Appointment in London' 

Ive never heard of it so i looked it up. Now i want to see it. Im looking forward to your build. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Ok so....

The Coastguard helicopter from James Bond Licence to kill

The Coastguard helicopter from The Guardian

T6 Texan from Where Eagles Dare

T6 Texan from A Bridge Too Far

Buchon from Battle of Britain

Or what they should have depicted in these films ie the T6 Texan was meant to depict Typhoons...I think..

Star Wars snowspeeder....

What oh what to pick...il do at least 2..3...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Ok so....

The Coastguard helicopter from James Bond Licence to kill

The Coastguard helicopter from The Guardian

T6 Texan from Where Eagles Dare

T6 Texan from A Bridge Too Far

Buchon from Battle of Britain

Or what they should have depicted in these films ie the T6 Texan was meant to depict Typhoons...I think..

Star Wars snowspeeder....

What oh what to pick...il do at least 2..3...

All of them work, so go for it. 

• Thanks 1