Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

Hello @Erwin ... your Nazi F-117 looks good.

“Would a conversion from the 1/32 nd Italeri F-117 as Bat(man)-plane fit this GB ?

In overall black with Batman-logo's.”

(not the same conversion as the one in the picture)

Now for the conversion to Batmans plane. Strictly speaking it would be ok to enter it just by calling it a Whif build. I have to sadly admit that i usually don't watch superhero movies (never really my cup interest). If you have a photo/link that it was used in the movies, one that i can reference and confirm. If so it can be built per the Big-screen/little-screen rules, per that section of the group build. Either way i look at it. Wether it is a Whif or Movie/TV build it is in, and i will be happy to see your build. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hi,

Would this fit the rules as "what-if" ?

Dornier 27 in WW-2 Afrikakorps markings.

106883-10000-pristine.jpg

As one of the hosts for the build i definitely would say yes that is a Whif. So welcome aboard. 👍 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2 of my proposals for this build were: The planes that get smashed up on Oberhaüsen airfield in Where Eagles Dare or The ground attack air support called in with the purple smoke in a Bridge Too Far....they seem to be T-6 Texans in both cases...tricky canopy masking and I’d need to be super creative or resourceful with the decals  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

The planes that get smashed up on Oberhaüsen airfield in Where Eagles Dare or The ground attack air support called in with the purple smoke in a Bridge Too Far..

Both are very good choices, so would the Ju-52 from “Where eagles dare” however if the canopies are a concern there are many other films and T.V. Options to choose from. It also doesn't specifically have to be an aircraft either ? You could use an M47 Patton to be a King tiger in “Battle of the Bulge” or in the movie Patton as a Tiger in North Africa. You could do something from “Battle of Britain” they do Buchon kits now. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You could do something from “Battle of Britain” they do Buchon kits now. 

Dennis

SOLD! Yes, that’s what I want to do and hadn’t thought of it. I see a couple of different makers on easybay 

Thanks Dennis 

47 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Both are very good choices, so would the Ju-52 from “Where eagles dare” however if the canopies are a concern there are many other films and T.V. Options to choose from. It also doesn't specifically have to be an aircraft either ? You could use an M47 Patton to be a King tiger in “Battle of the Bulge” or in the movie Patton as a Tiger in North Africa. You could do something from “Battle of Britain” they do Buchon kits now. 

Dennis

Or a Leopard "Panther" from "A Bridge Too Far", if I recall correctly. V-P

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 12:50 AM, trickyrich said:

while I was digging around in the stash I found these, plenty of interesting things here, the Viper is a definite as it'll go nicely with the Caprica one I build a few years ago. Plus these all resin of course. :D

IMG_2356.jpg

Never have I been interested in resin as much as I am seeing this picture. So much goodness in one shot! While I'm very interested in the YF-19 and Snow Fairy Yukikaze Mave. What I'm really interested in is the Hammerhead. What's that like trickyrich? I remember staying awake very late on Friday nights to watch that. Probably around 2am which when you're 13 is quite late.

I'll be entering with either a Gundam/Macross fighter. VF-0s or Phoenix maybe?  I do have a few Ace Combat boxing's, do aircraft from games count?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

The Mave Yukikaze is a repo. The original was a super limited release and now almost impossible to find and frighteningly expensive. These copies are a little bit easier to find but usual go so quick. Quality wise it's not too bad.

The YF-19 is another one that's had to get and not cheap, is nicely moulded but needs a bit of work.

The Hammerhead just happened to appear on evilBay from the seller "rare-planedetective", another one I think is quite rare and hard to find. This one won't be an easy build at all, if resins not you thing best avoid, she's going to need quite a bit of work. They supply a seperate resin canopy but the windows are solid and no clear parts supplied, moulding is so so, and the instructions are quite vague. (though I've just found a 2 page build notes/drawings which will be a huge help).

I have the TV series, think I've only seen a couple of episodes.

At the moment the Hammerhead and Viper are the likely builds though depending on others builds so this may change.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 2:37 PM, Dazzio said:

I do have a few Ace Combat boxing's, do aircraft from games count?

Yes i would classify them either as a WHIF or possibly from the Movie/T.V. side. Considering most games either originate from, or spawn movies/T.V.. So yes they do definitely qualify.  

Dennis

I think it's time to add my name to This one,I,ve a couple of Kit's "going nowhere" Concorde might look good in RAF colour's and as we all know the Red

Arrow's next aircraft will be the Typhoon or even the F-35A.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Sabre_days or Whitestar for a little while so i will add you to the list  

1) Sabre_days (Host)

2) Corsairfoxfouruncle (Co-host)

3) whitestar12chris (Co-host)

4) SleeperService
5) John D. C. Masters
6) Kallisti
7) BIG X
 Mancunian airman
9) Jb65rams
10) SimonT
11) vppelt68
12) Max Headroom

13) Col.
14) Arniec
15) nimrod54
16) stevehnz

17) Skids

18) Romeo Alpha Yankee

19) trickyrich

20) jrlx

21) CliffB

22) adamcoffman

23) Robert Stuart

24) MarkSH
25) Hockeyboy76
26) dreadeddrew
27) Thud4444
28) nimrod54

29) JackG

30) Knight_Flyer

31) wimbledon99

32) Pin

33) Bonhoff

34) Ale85

35) Erwin

36) Panther II

37) Valkyrie

38) Meteors

39) GliderGuider

40) Dazzio

41) Stevej60

42) Mig Eater

43) Moggy

44) Enzo Matrix

45) Tony Oliver

46) philp

47)

48)

49)

50)

I'm not sure what I'll make yet, the theme of this GB is pretty broad & covers most of the stuff I'd normally build, so I could probably just enter whatever I'm building at the time of the GB :P

With that said though I do have the
Zoukei-Mura kit of the Edelweiss tank, this GB might be a good excuse to finally build it.

932388-13385-72-pristine.jpg

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 1

I am in a quandary now as I've just ordered the MPC Eagle Transporter and I really want to build it! but four builds is going to be too much.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MarkSH said:

I am in a quandary now as I've just ordered the MPC Eagle Transporter and I really want to build it! but four builds is going to be too much.

The Eagle transporter would be a lovely addition to both the Movie/TV and the Sci-Fi sides of the build. I hope you figure a way to build it. One that doesn't cause you any stress or extra work. 

4 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

I'm not sure what I'll make yet, the theme of this GB is pretty broad & covers most of the stuff I'd normally build, so I could probably just enter whatever I'm building at the time of the GB :P

With that said though I do have the
Zoukei-Mura kit of the Edelweiss tank, this GB might be a good excuse to finally build it.

932388-13385-72-pristine.jpg

Looks to be a great option. 👍 That does look quite Familiar ? Sci-Fi, Anime, or Video game ? Im just not sure where I've seen it from before ? 

Dennis

I have now, at last taken delivery of the MPC 22" Eagle Transporter and so have four builds vying for my attention in this GB:

47617298482_e6e55bb15e_b.jpg

The Aoshima TB2 will require the most effort to make it into a presentable model (Its very toy-like) plus I want to add some interior detail to the Pod and possibly the flight deck.

The Eagle on inspection, IS living up to the hype but I have a hankering to add some LED lighting...oh dear another first for me.

The two 'Bullitt' cars can be built pretty much out of the box with minor cosmetic changes to make them representative of the film vehicles.

What to do!?

• Like 2

Silly question: when does this GB begins?

This would be a great opportunity to do my TARDIS or an Enterprise... Maybe Reliant?

How long does the GB run?

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkSH said:

What to do!?

Anything would be a great choice. However Im a “Bullitt” and Steve McQueen 😎 fan. The “King of kool” would be honored to have the cars built Im sure. 

1 hour ago, Moggy said:

Silly question: when does this GB begins?

This would be a great opportunity to do my TARDIS or an Enterprise... Maybe Reliant?

How long does the GB run?

Four months from Saturday September 28th 2019 thru Sunday January 29th 2020. Any of those would be good choices for the Sci-Fi or Movie/TV sections. I’ve added you to the list provisionally. If you decide to not enter thats ok i can pull you back off. 

Dennis

• Like 3