Film, Fictional and Speculative GB Chat now has a one week extension.

I may have to bow out. I'm failing miserably with the '75th GB' and as a result haven't started the 'Year Born GB' yet (which was bought as a Birthday pressie for me). Not had time at the bench for a while now and this may stay the same for a while longer. If things change, I have everything here ready to go.

• Sad 5

7 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

may have to bow out.

I understand completely and of course Im sorry to hear your having trouble. However life is more important and it does have a way of interrupting the fun of modeling. I will keep a lookout for you in the off chance life takes a break and you get sone time at the bench. Of course until then you have the forum and everyone else's modeling. Poor substitute i know but its the only thing. 

Dennis

Hi all, I would be interested in this one.

Recently picked up a USS Balao kit which I plan to paint in a mix of red and white primers...

spacer.png

I have also got an F14A with Final Countdown decals somewhere in the stash that I need to built at some point.

• Like 4

On 9/8/2019 at 3:04 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

Hi all, I would be interested in this one.

Recently picked up a USS Balao kit which I plan to paint in a mix of red and white primers...

spacer.png

I have also got an F14A with Final Countdown decals somewhere in the stash that I need to built at some point.

Operation Petticoat is one of my all time favorite movies. Looking forward to seeing you build the Stingray. The F-14 would be another good option, tough choices or you could build them both ? I have added you to the list on page one. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Is there a start date for this GB yet?

I'm have just won a 1/48 Buchon kit on Ebay today and thought it would be perfect for this GB done as a BOB movie plane. I have the decals coming for yellow 10,  but  I thought I will change it to yellow 11 which is very prominent in one of the movies shots. By still framing I can get the weathering to match. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 12:12 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Operation Petticoat is one of my all time favorite movies. Looking forward to seeing you build the Stingray. The F-14 would be another good option, tough choices or you could build them both ? I have added you to the list on page one. 

Dennis

I've got both, lets see how much time I get in October. Hope to have a something complete for Telford.

• Like 1

Well I always like to support most GB's but can't think of what to do for this,when I first saw it I thought of the Monkey mobile

from the sixties TV show which I loved but rare as hen's teeth these days.I'm having a look on KK at the film

and TV section I noticed Revells HMS Bounty obviously tied in to the film from way back then having a conversation with my eldest

whose a sailing ship builder he suggested the  Zvezda Acheron as per Master and commander would either be eligible?

56 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Well I always like to support most GB's but can't think of what to do for this,when I first saw it I thought of the Monkey mobile

from the sixties TV show which I loved but rare as hen's teeth these days.I'm having a look on KK at the film

and TV section I noticed Revells HMS Bounty obviously tied in to the film from way back then having a conversation with my eldest

whose a sailing ship builder he suggested the  Zvezda Acheron as per Master and commander would either be eligible?

Any and everything would be Eligible steve. Either one of the Sailing vessels would be grand additions. Though is 4 months enough time to build and rig a sailing ship ? The Monkee's Mobile would of course be awesome. Considering its a 66 GTO that would be great coming from an old Pontiac man. Im looking forward to seeing which you decide to go with. 

Dennis

Hello everybody... Well build time is only a couple of weeks away. I was curious if anyone may be interested in assisting me with hosting responsibilities. I know Sabre_days and Whitestar are listed but i haven't heard from either of them in a long while. I would still do most of the work. However with three simultaneous builds, I'm going to look like a gorilla trying to run a marathon in the forest. If you're interested please let me know ?

Dennis  

1 hour ago, Prenton said:

Recently got the 1:144 Fantastic Plastic resin kit of the Rocinante from the series "The Expanse".    

Is this eligible for the GB?

Thanks,

Philip

Yep just looked it up its a good one for either T.V. Or Sci-fi. Now where have i been ? Im a fan of Sci-fi and the T.V. Network and ive never heard of this ? Im used to the idea as it is a common premise in many storylines about mans future, and an independent Mars. Several with a Cold war or even Hot war between the two planets. I have gone and added you to the primary list on page 1. 

Dennis

Question, a figure subject of a fallen angel - I believe falls under fictional, and would qualify, or does it further have to be associated with a film or specific storyline?

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

8 minutes ago, JackG said:

Question, a figure subject of a fallen angel - I believe falls under fictional, and would qualify, or does it further have to be associated with a film or specific storyline?

regards,

Jack

Hello Jack according to Sabre_days original guidelines here.

"fictional subjects from media other than film and television (novels, comics, video games, etc.) and original speculative or creative concepts are all included."

I will say it definitely counts. Even if it had been questionable i would have most likely allowed it. Simply because a figure would be a good addition to a group build as we don't see to many of them in group builds. 

Dennis

• Like 1

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Dennis you should try and watch that series "The Expanse". It's awesome, one of the best Sci-fi series around at the moment, I'm desperately waiting for season 4 which is due out in December. :popcorn: 

Plus I've read Amazon has signed it up now for a 5th season as well!! :yahoo:

If you get stuck I can help out with Co-hosting.

9 hours ago, Prenton said:

Recently got the 1:144 Fantastic Plastic resin kit of the Rocinante from the series "The Expanse".    

oooo I might have to go and have a look at one of these!!

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

If you get stuck I can help out with Co-hosting.

I will definitely check the series out. I will give my best effort at triple hosting. However if i feel I'm overwhelmed i will be knocking on your door for some help,  thanks for offering to help out. 

Dennis

• Like 1

This one needs to kick off soon as I keep buying options!! 

I now have probably the same number of Star Wars vehicles that actually attacked the Death Star..still want my Eagles Dare and Bridge too far builds, Battle of Britain and Dunkirk what should have been ifs and no doubt a Coastguard chopper from Bond or the Guardian. 

When can we start posting our threads....not that I’m excited at all 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

This one needs to kick off soon as I keep buying options!! 

I now have probably the same number of Star Wars vehicles that actually attacked the Death Star..still want my Eagles Dare and Bridge too far builds, Battle of Britain and Dunkirk what should have been ifs and no doubt a Coastguard chopper from Bond or the Guardian. 

When can we start posting our threads....not that I’m excited at all 

Well I'm thinking when this moves from future to current builds this weekend. We will all be busy little builders starting threads, and there will hopefully be a grand turnout. Im trying to decide do i do three separate threads or two or one ? I may eventually have a fourth build if i can scrounge up a Revell Stearman. 

• Thanks 1