Australian Hornet

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well I just found this wonderful photo, so now I wonder to ask that is from what Squadron is this aircraft???? 

An Australian fighter jet is readied for a training mission at the Cope North military exercises at Andersen Air Force Base on the U.S. island of Guam, Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013.

And of course it someone has more clear photos of the markings??? and of course if those markings exist on decal form in 1/72 scale???

Best modelling

Armando

Armando,

I'm pretty sure this is RAAF Hornet A21-53 from No. 3 Squadron. This unit is normally based at Williamtwon, New South Wales and is one of our units still operating classic Hornets until replaced by the F-35. There is a clearer image of the tail marking in this link - http://kiwimodeller.com/~kmodel/index.php/forum/38-follow-as-i-build/31839-academy-1-32-f-a-18a-hornet

As to 1/72 decals, I have just had a quick look, however cannot seem to find anything for these markings in 1/72 scale.

Afterburber decals made a beautiful sheet in 1/48 scale link - http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/reviews/decals/afterburner48033reviewme_1.htm however this had never been reduced to 1/72 (unfortunatley).

Anyway, I hope his helps.

Cheers.. Dave.

Yes, it is a 3 Squadron aircraft, there are no decals in 1/72 for this scheme, as Dave mentioned only Afterburner have released it in 1/48 and that sheet is long out of production.

Caracal Decals in the USA had planned a RAAF Hornet sheet but I am unsure if this scheme will be included and if a release date has been announced.

21 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Caracal Decals in the USA had planned a RAAF Hornet sheet but I am unsure if this scheme will be included and if a release date has been announced.

I am hoping that the  Caracal sheet includes some aircraft from "Op Falconer" and is available 1/72nd scale.

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

I am hoping that the  Caracal sheet includes some aircraft from "Op Falconer" and is available 1/72nd scale.

Me too, there has been a little discussion on another forum with Kusad about the sheet and he is getting back to work on it in the new year, hopefully, a 1/72 is released along with the usual 1/48 sheet.

21 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Me too, there has been a little discussion on another forum with Kusad about the sheet and he is getting back to work on it in the new year, hopefully, a 1/72 is released along with the usual 1/48 sheet.

I also asked there about this.

• 1 month later...