T-34 Family STGB Chat

SleeperService

Thinking ahead a bit to 2020 in all likelihood but would anyone be interested in joining a celebration of the most numerous WW2 tank.

There are many, many kits in every scale. Conversion possibilities beyond count and, serving from the start of the Great Patriotic War to the present day there is incredible scope for markings.

The US now have two Armour STGBs to their credit it is time for the Motherland and her Peace Loving Peoples to be represented.

Sign on if you agree.

The scope will be any prototype vehicle leading to the T-34, anything based on the T-34 hull and including the first model T-44 which used a lot of T-34 components but not the T-44M which was re-engineered for T-54/55 components. Only vehicles actually built to be eligible. After consulting with a friend and @Mig Eater's question I have decided to allow paper project/design studies in as well. However to prevent a What-If? thread developing your build MUST have proof that it was drawn. Mig Eater's post gives two perfect examples. The benefit is that anyone wanting to build similar vehicles can now go ahead. I would ask that such builds be clearly identified as such and that WoT cannot be regarded as totally accurate :D

1. SleeperService

2. Robert Stuart

3. SimonT

4. Ozzy

5. Corsairfoxfouruncle

6. Sabre_days

7. PlaStix

8. Bullbasket

9. Plasto

10. vppelt68

11. BallsBuster

12. Kev The Modeller

12a. Antoine

12b Gav G

15 sampanzer

16 Sgt. Squarehead

17 DaveyGair

18 Panther II

19 exdraken

20 Jb65rams

21 fatfingers

22 This slot is waiting for you... :D but only if you're badger!

23 And this is for your mate...too late! AndyRM101 has nicked the seat.

24 The fella down the pub that'll be Arniec!

25 The Enabler Badder

26 modelling minion

27 Retired Bob

28 Foxbat

29 Mig Eater

30 srkirad

31 Davek72

32 KAYELL

33 bull-nut

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Oh, NO!!!

OK, I'm in

There is a current proposal for a T55 GB, but those all came after the Great Patriotic War

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Oh, NO!!!

OK, I'm in

There is a current proposal for a T55 GB, but those all came after the Great Patriotic War

Welcome aboard Number 2. I think keeping these Armour STGBs to WW2 will help popularity. Too many are still living with the results of later conflicts.

2 hours ago, SimonT said:

Count me in, I have two 1/48 HB kits with interior :)

Good choice but beware when gluing the tracks, slightly too much glue and they melt.

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Why not, those MiniArt kits look fantastic.

Go for it Ozzy. BTW I've just recently finished the King Tiger you advised me on wayyy back. Thank you for the advice, My weathering cherry is popped.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ooohh me .. me .. I want in 👍 im thinking late war T34/85 with the Bed spring armor. 

Welcome along, good to see the crushing of the Fascist Viper's Nest will be covered.

7 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

Please count me in!

You're counted! In at number 6 it's Sabre_days :D

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Please add me to the list. Got a few things I can build for this.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Duly added. You only need to select one however if you're really keen we won't stop you ;)

Put me down for this. As it's a couple of years off, I'm sure that I can get my shelf queens out of the way before starting on the 34/85 that's taking up room in the cupboard.

John.

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Put me down for this. As it's a couple of years off, I'm sure that I can get my shelf queens out of the way before starting on the 34/85 that's taking up room in the cupboard.

John.

Welcome aboard John. Don't clear all your shelf queens, if you do there'll be empty space to fill with more kits :)

2 hours ago, Plasto said:

I’ll take part.

Its a long way off....

Glad to have you along. It is a while away but I think one GB for Armour a year isn't too much to ask for....

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Oh count me in too, please. V-P

Hello No. 10 Welcome to the refuge of armour builders in 2020 :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SleeperService said:

You are now on the list as 12a, I'm very superstitious about the other designation ;)

In China, 4 is just the opposite of a lucky number, so they just skip it.

There's just no fourth floor on most buildings.

You should do the same, I'm sure nobody will notice it.

• Haha 1