T-34 Family STGB Chat

SleeperService

Well Done Comrades! We are now the required number :DI have picked 22 Feb to 24 May 2020 to minimise the Armour GB overlap at the time. I suspect it will be here a lot quicker than we imagine :hmmm:

EDIT: I've picked my subject; The very last 76mm frying pan T-34 in service. North Korean with T-55 running gear. Uncertain when they were retired but they've appeared in museums so must be finished with now. Not a bad run.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Already got 'em fella.....I've been prevaricating over this build for quite a while now (the HB kits are quite intimidating and I really don't want to mess one up).  :unsure:

Mind you, I could still use a decent etched fret for all the metalwork on the hull.....Is there one you would recommend (I have all the HB 1/48 T-34 kits)?  :shrug:

On 11/12/2018 at 4:17 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Mind you, I could still use a decent etched fret for all the metalwork on the hull.....Is there one you would recommend (I have all the HB 1/48 T-34 kits)?

I've used the Hauler sets and am quite happy with them. The grille set for the Tamiya T-34 gives you a much finer rear screen than the moulded in one (HLX48034) and the T-34/76 and /85 mudguards fit all the hulls. Hauler stuff HERE

You may need to replace the kit gun barrel Aber do one, some of them are bent on the sprue and won't stay straight no matter what I've tried.

The Part set for the Tamiya T34/76 below is a another option for the curved fender models as you get grilles, rear fuel boxes, mudguards, and some useful detail bits too. As Tamiya seem to have got the front hull wrong somewhere it'll take a bit of fudging into place, but if you can find a set at a good price it's pretty good.

p48008.jpg 

Nigel at Parabellum is my go to man but use e-mail as he seems to work all hours. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Picked this up at Telford over the weekend;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/T-34-85-After-WW2-Camouflage-1946-2016/dp/8365281651

Some good possibilities to be found inside.

Craig.

Got the other two covering wartime but missed this. Will address that now. Thank You for the heads-up.

As the Sarge shows it's still going in Yemen :o

• Like 1

Fairly certain this is what I'm going to build for this STGB:

45856595032_c680765504_b.jpg

I got it a while back and I know there's some issues with it, primarily relating to the overdone cast textures in places. I'll see what I can do about those! :fight:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im hoping to do this one as well.

Excellent! I always like to see the same kit made alongside each other! We can can swap tips and ideas. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im hoping to do this one as well.

22 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent! I always like to see the same kit made alongside each other! We can can swap tips and ideas. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

The difference between the sexes. Two blokes dressed the same at an event will compliment each other on their superb taste and style, two women will glare daggers at each other.

Removing heavy texture is likely easier than adding missing though. Should be an interesting comparison.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just reading through odds and ends and found this GB in the planning stage, I have a couple of Dragon's 1/35 kits in the stash, T 34/85 with bedspring armour, early T34/76 and an AFV Club T34/85 with clear hull and full interior detail, do not know why I bought that?  There is an SU 100 as well if that allowable, lots to choose, sign me up.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 5:06 PM, Retired Bob said:

Just reading through odds and ends and found this GB in the planning stage, I have a couple of Dragon's 1/35 kits in the stash, T 34/85 with bedspring armour, early T34/76 and an AFV Club T34/85 with clear hull and full interior detail, do not know why I bought that?  There is an SU 100 as well if that allowable, lots to choose, sign me up.

Sorry Retired Bob but only just noticed your post. I have added you to the roll of Noble Tankers. The Su-100 is fine. It's anything on a T-34 chassis including the first version of the T-44 which used T-34 components. Long time period, lots of users, I hope it goes well too. 

• Like 1

Greetings Tankisti!

I have received communication from the Supreme Leader Lord Enzo. We are requested to reschedule this STGB to 13 June to 13 Sept 2020. I hope this causes no issues. I know it's going to be a PITA for some with school holidays and the like but I'm sure accommodation can be reached if more time is needed. However I'm certain that the true smasher of Nazism will be well represented.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...