T-34 Family STGB Chat

SleeperService

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm surprised I didn't join this GB yet, many, many possibilities 😛 Two such possible projects that I have on my to-do list are the T-34/37 SPAAG & the T-34/122. Both are concept design that were never built, not sure if such builds are allowed in this GB though? If not maybe I'll go with the cold-war Egyptian T-34/122 that RFM recently released.

1389242463_image_4df992a0eac1d.jpgspacer.png

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 11:26 AM, Mig Eater said:

I'm surprised I didn't join this GB yet, many, many possibilities 😛 Two such possible projects that I have on my to-do list are the T-34/37 SPAAG & the T-34/122. Both are concept design that were never built, not sure if such builds are allowed in this GB though? If not maybe I'll go with the cold-war Egyptian T-34/122 that RFM recently released.

I originally specified that only vehicles actually built were to be allowed. However after consulting with a friend I will allow still-born designs as long as you show they were really drawn up.  I shall amend the opening post accordingly unless there are any objections. 

Things have been a bit hectic at SleeperCentral and I'm way, way behind so I must welcome @Foxbat @Mig Eater to the build, @exdraken if you want to build a test vehicle in 2019 go right ahead ;) In fact anybody could do this tell your Mum I said it is OK :D

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 11:26 AM, Mig Eater said:

I've been looking at that RFM one as well. There's a Model Wheels 1/72 version too, but previous experience puts me off trying another of their kits for a while yet.

Andy

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Daft question time, if I wanted to build a post war T-34/85 (probably in the Middle East) what would be the best 1/35 kit to buy?

Ive got a icm kit in the stash its the  t-34 76 though, but i can say for this kit it looks simple to build with nice details too ,  cheap too ..i can have a look at the tracks tomorrow if you like ,i cant remember if they're  single link or length and link ,looks a real nice kit though,  I'll  be building this in the upcoming 34 gb

But icm do the 34 /85 too

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Ive got a icm kit in the stash its the  t-34 76 though, but i can say for this kit it looks simple to build with nice details too ,  cheap too ..i can have a look at the tracks tomorrow if you like ,i cant remember if they're  single link or length and link ,looks a real nice kit though,  I'll  be building this in the upcoming 34 gb

But icm do the 34 /85 too

Thanks Glynn, nice to know that it should be a good kit so i will have a look for one.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:48 PM, modelling minion said:

Daft question time, if I wanted to build a post war T-34/85 (probably in the Middle East) what would be the best 1/35 kit to buy?

Just got the following from the Club's T-34 1/35 expert

Tamiya, Academy or Dragon are fine. Depends on budget and skill. All build well and complexity/price scales upwards from Tamiya. For something different, Ryfield do a T34/122 but has a price point at the higher end.

12 hours ago, Scargsy said:

Count me in, could be good to do a T34, hopefully one with some tank riders.

You are in then. Welcome to the Build Up for the Campaign.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the long absences but things should get better from now on...he said hopefully.

A very warm welcome to you all.

For any working in 1/48 MasterClub have just released a set of T-34 tracks. If they're only half as good as their KV & JS tracks they'll be fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable T-34 kit in 1/35?

I'd like to build a fairly early T-34/76. 

Dragon are your best bet for an early 34/76 as Corsair said, they have different boxings for different turret types etc. Not so easy to find though plus when you do it will be expensive.

ICM do a really nice one, though it is the 1943 model so perhaps too late for you (?) also reboxed by Revell. The tracks are a bit odd (vinyl) but can be found for under £20.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-35365-t-34-76--936234

If you want an interior, AFV Club have you covered (I’m a massive fanboy of theirs) but again not so easy to find though I’m sure I read somewhere that they rereleased it this year (again 1943 model though).

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/afv-club-af35s51-t-34-76-1942-factory-112--1222533

Tamiya’s 34/76 is a really old moulding I think, from the 70s, quite hard to find...

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-89563-t34-85-w-assault-infantry-set--141253

Oddly, for such an iconic vehicle, it’s not so easy to grab one these days...

• 1 month later...

Hi Comrade Tank Builders!

I've nudged this as a new member @The Semi Skilled Mink is returning to model-making after a long break and has decided (very wisely) to start with a T-34. As he wants to do a 1941 Model the post above should help him too.

To echo SimonT the thin coverage of the early versions is quite surprising. Remember the ForSale/Wanted section here on BM, maybe somebody is struggling to decide what to sell and an enquiry may turn up trumps. Not #45 trumps of course :D 

As a regular builder of 48th scale armour, I can vouch for the tamiya range.  They build up nice and quickly, and they are big enough that I can actually see what I am doing without a visor most of the time, without going overboard on either dimensions or parts count

Edit: For those people after a challenge. Don't forget that Hobbyboss have a range of 1/48 T34s with full interior. It has been said that they are downscale versions of someone e else's 16th scale offering, but they do make an impressive model, especially if you can pose them in such a way as to make the interior easily visible.

• Like 1