Cyber Week is Takom Week

Soeren

And my progress of the last days. Did almost all the sections with Tamiyas PL. Might need to touch up here and there. Was blending with  VMS Weathering Carrier. A rather quick agent. You can reactivate the PL even after 3 days. So sealing in the end with acrylics is mandatory and dont go too thin with the acrylic paint. That stuff ate through the tinner layers of AMMO of Mig paint.

Wouldnt have imagined that some monochrome PL would add so much. I didnt seal with clear before, so PL acted as a filter too during theblendingprocess.. Here are some impressions.

9xhz895j.jpg

6fcwxwno.jpg

ah3uxbk4.jpg

ooctlbu3.jpg

mufqshv8.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 9

Thank you corsairfoxfouruncle, it should be a few more details now before final touch ups.  The kit worked out really nicely. Takom has it just right with the amount of detail and number of parts for details. I fancy a non interior Miniature T-5x as well. But that part count puts me off a bit.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

Thanks Francis.

Went ahead, while starting with the Panthers and gave clear coat , added the MG and did some dry brushing on the turret after painting the canvas cover. The tools, the few, painted with a bit of color, but once the turret is on you can onyl see a sliver.

Tried some brown was on the bottom of the hull, I think that would help with the overall appearance. Might take some weeks though to go at it like on the M47.

vqyjrcgk.jpg

i6wtqi9g.jpg
yul69886.jpg

• Like 8

This is looking great! I am, well was not, not into modern armour, but I really like your bunch here. Almost time for another group picture 😉😂.

I have many rivets to be painted, I might send them to you 😂🍻, it will look better for sure.

/Stef

12 hours ago, Kevin Aris said:

lovely work, I took notice of the fact that you look at qty of parts when deciding what to purchase, 

It depends. I like some detail during building, but not out of the world details. That is what I liked on the Takom kits or the Dragon Panthers. The Miniart kits look fantastic, but lots of parts. (I will be doing Mengs Panther tracks and did their Leo track, so sometimes this is still fun). Some Tamiya kits or most of Italeri kits on the other hand look oftentimes too simple. All from my build joy point of view. 

EDIT: Some autocorrection madness corrected.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Soeren said:

It depends. I like some detail during building, but not out of the world details. That is what I liked on the Takom kits or the Dragon Panthers. The Miniature kits look fantastic, but lots of parts. (I will be doing Mengs Panther tracks and did their Leo track, so sometimes this is still fun). Some Tamiya kits or most of It alert kits on the other hand look oftentimes too simple. All from my build joy point of view. 

I like my ship builds as for the very same reason i can keep it to the bare minimum or find myself adding more and more, without the cost (lol after the initial kit expense)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Richard,

while I was opening the box of the new Panther, I got some more ideas to try on the T-55. Dust washes (Wilders European Road Clay in Vallejo Pigment Fixer , thinned with window cleaner) and the magic of yellow oil paint accourding to DA. It even works on top of dust washes and brings some of the base color back right through the pigments.

On the bottom I used Vallejo oil stains blended with engine grime and some pigments. Will leave it like that, as it wont be seen anyways once on the base. Still nice to try the products.

warv9ihw.jpg

Here are some top views after the various dust and oil treatments, still some detail painting needed, as well as the next weathering steps.

Besides the yellow, I also used the odd sport of Ochre, just lowing that color. Drybrushed the cheeks on the turret and the mantlet cover with that.

qxoil8xt.jpg

7nui7r26.jpg

And that would be a base, just a concrete ground with some concrete barriers. We´ll see, how to best arrange these.

ki4hnvtx.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2