Cyber Week is Takom Week

Soeren

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Looks superb now!, like me a lot, the lower part already looks great...:popcorn:

Cheers Soeren :santa:

2 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Nice collection of kits, recently built a model from them, and it was beautifully engineered. Looking forward to the Luchs. Do the other vehicles receive their custom piedestal too?

Hey there, thank you very much for your kind words.

Yes, I plan to do a base for each kit one day. If only the new kits werent coming out all the time. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there and thanks IIan.

Finally started onthe Luchs. Well, the moulding is not on par with the other kits. The parts like loike to have more moulde lines. The material on the other hand is great, all the steering rods are quite flexible and forgiving for work with.

The parts are made movable by adding brass washers and then melt down some protruding plastic with a hot device. Works great. Finally they give you a connector on the inside, so two axles turn together. You will have to meassure the front and back though, as I read that front and back always turn together. In the end there seem to be some stabilizers, that are only present in the neutral length, fixing the steering. They wont be visible so might be left off, or you have to modify it yourself.

Here is a picture of the start. This is already some 50 parts

D6nOhWc.jpg

Edited by Soeren

• 1 month later...

A back to some of the Takom Tanks. Went for the base for the T-55 AM2B at a road block. Gave he base concrete a basecoat after filling the gaps with filler that will next be painted black to resemble that tar like filler they use in such cases if at all.

lkoyw38k.jpg

And with the tank

q3kswgfg.jpg

• Like 3

Hey there, carried on with this projected and added the black and some pigments dirt so far. Pigment fixer left tide marks unfortunately, so this changed the scope a bit. Need some more pigments and a few grass patches to add to the gaps. Suggestions are very welcome,

cx6ltgl3.jpg

soppt3fx.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As all the same colour is a rather boring, I started painting some stones. Dry brushing with Buff oil paint all over, tank as well and application of some grass started too. Getting close

cbpipbty.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After finishing some,  I went back to the Luchs. A nice topic, but the build on the underside was not for me. So many parts that effected axle alignment, plus a few broken bars. The springs look nice, but dont help in positioning either.

Happy to now go to the upper side.

xf8y9sim.jpg

The gloss on the axles is from glue that I uses to create some texture.

Edited by Soeren

Hey there, it was Cyber Week again and the well known 25 % discount was available again at MIG Ammo Webstore. This gave me the opprtunity to get some old favourites of mine and even one new tank. Thought the Merkva was a smaller tank, but no, it is at least Chieftain size. After an inermezzo into the SciFi world these should be some enjoyable builds for the next year.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

HI Soeren,

Your two "Takom" have been magnificent, especially for my taste, the T55AM, I love it, and the bases, once again, that of the concrete blocks, is the icing on the cake, exactly like that of boxart ...
I see that you have not been able to resist the temptation Mig, and you have "pecked" something ... lol
Some nice subjects ready to give them some of your magic ...:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

• 2 months later...

Goode evening dear people,

I made some progress and turned towards the T-54 I like the build although there is some more flash then I remembered form the previous kits. Also this tube on the fender is mounted on top of the tools. Well that is rather tight and not fitting very well. This time left the fenders off for starting painting once the weather is turning nice to airbrush with an open window.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you John. Indeed I tried to match the ground to the weathering that was on the tank already and it worked out OK.  I now have to look into the wet puddles and how to make the transitions more convincing. 

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

Hi Soeren, brilliant, just brilliant! 

Not sure what I like more the superb Chieftain or excellent groundwork/base.

Really like how the weathering on the tank matches the ground exactly,  really unifies the two.

After seeing yours and Francis's I'm getting quite inspired to have a go.

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2020 at 08:01, Jasper dog said:

Hi Soeren, brilliant, just brilliant! 

Not sure what I like more the superb Chieftain or excellent groundwork/base.

Really like how the weathering on the tank matches the ground exactly,  really unifies the two.

After seeing yours and Francis's I'm getting quite inspired to have a go.

Cheers

Darryl 

Thank you Jasper, I just remembered the products I was using back then and by spraying the ground work with the tank in place it helped a lot. 

Edited by Soeren