Cyber Week is Takom Week

Soeren

Great, thank you Mr. Fouruncle. I am looking into some autumn suit guys. Wanna add some brown leaves to the tank. But I am still at adding oil paint effects. Great thing about that stuff, put it on some paper and you can still reactivate with some thinners.

• Like 1

Thanks Kris, it is the small progress, but that keeps me going. A few sessions with oil paints later. One example is this nice backside now. Only small stains her and there, let dry and get back at it the other day. Am getting closer now.

x8cvmzxl.jpg

• Like 4

So, I need to stop dicoloration and streaking finally, could do this forever. Just so relaxing to brush oil paints onto a model.

Well, now I decided for the weathering, want to build up some dust/dirt accumulations with intermixed dried leaves. Had a first go with vallejo fixer, as this is reactivatebla with water and doesnt leave tide marks. But will see whether it will dry true.

sl7npksb.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2

Hey there,

was busy during my sparse hobby time this week to add dirt to the Patton. I went ahead with some more dust and pigments on the right side upper hull. Finished the track pads in Nato black, nice matt paint, well suited for adding dust. The lower hull got a treatment of MIG Kursk soil with plaster and garden dirt. That was added to the sides and bottom. Idea was to build of some dirt accumulations under the sponsons and on top of all the parts sticking out from the side without much movement doring the tanks running. Tracks just got the product as a dust treatment. Now I fitted one side to look how much of this will be visible before spending much more time on color variation. I can safe the time I guess. 

Here are some pictures of that look. :D

Thats the dirt

sahqr6b3.jpg

Tracks and running gear will cover most of it 🤔

tc8tbwjc.jpg

Top looks well enough to my taste

lyuvzbar.jpg

The bottom got some dirt as well, the subtle streaking is mostly covered now.

d3of9756.jpg

eeugr2wh.jpg

Thanks for watching 😀

• Like 4

Hey there, while being in the process of weathering I stumbled across this little detail. This thing has casting numbers all over, readable and crisp, evene the tiny ones. Sorry, not completely sharp. Wasnt able to hold the camera still  enough. Takom did a great job with this kit.

jyq7csip.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 3

So here we go. Tracks and wheels painted, got a dust wash. MIG Kursk soil. Interesting, cleaning with AK Odourless Thinners rubbed the paintcoat off. Paint set for weeks. REALLY 😲

Anyways, this is the tank now. Put it on, and will  see which shades I would like to add to the running gear to make it more interesting. The tracks are a bit of a downer though. Even with the jig, they dont sit perfect.

qqd3z2ch.jpg

8a32xiva.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 3

Thanks DAG058, thanks John.

The Tracks look fine from a distance and are better than rubber bands for sure, but they have mold lines all around and very a bit mediocre to assemble, as there are no stops to get the distance between ich link right, especially on the curves.

Anyways, time for a break and as this is the "4 Fists for Takom" group build with me, myself and I, here is a short sequence of the current state. Actually it is 5 Fingers now, as the Luchs is still in the shelf, waiting.

Chieftain Mk2 

ggfvvxtd.jpg

Type 59 in Pakistani colors

iqwdp9qg.jpg

M47 Patton, Detroit testing center

ekmu683r.jpg

T-55 AM2B German democratic republic version

cgmsgdxo.jpg

And finally a group picture

xtoa842f.jpg

• Like 7

Finally started painting the T-55AM2B.

Really awkward, cant get into all crevices neither with airbrush nor the paintbrush, nonetheless I primed it light grey and than painted some recessed AMMO Mig Zaschitny... Some highlights and then Zaschitny 75% and russian Highlight 25%. That it is now.

mtjb7sfm.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 5

Hey there, two new approaches. First off, I got me a standardized background of grey cardboard from an artist shop. Hope this pays off. Second, went over the T-55 with Russian green highlight, yeah, ´t is looking mint now, hope it pays off after filters and washes.

prmee2ap.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 4

Hi there, dont want to bore you. But I am getting a bit excited with this kind of paint modulation, that I hadnt much experience with.. Went ahead and brushed on some highlights. Still a little glossy. But the paint from yesterday cured 24h  now and looks even better.

Tracks got PA Track primer and today that highlightes with silver grey.

75vbuyxz.jpg

I found that the MIG AMMO paint likes to scratch rather easily and had problem on both the other Takom kits, that during some wathering wiht oils and thinners the paint washed off. Hope it wont do the same here. I would like to tone the color down a bit with some filter before pin washing and though to use a mixture of a blue-green with some ochre-brown. Will see what that results into.

Besides the fun of painting, the Takom T-55 kit is plain awesome.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2

Hey there, some minor progress, put the inside wheels on and started work on the sideskirts after adding the decals, all two ;).

Then did a filter of the base color in 95% thinner to tone it back to the original color, one application is not enough though. But it works.

s9qd5wo2.jpg

• Like 1

That's a nice by nch and an interesting read through this blog. Sadly ur first images are not available any longer.

all 4 painted and staged one next to another will be a sweet sight.

/Stef

• Thanks 1

Lots of work the last days, I am tired today, so just a small update. After individually painting the skirts black and green, I went ahaed with a top coat of thinned base colour, as I would like to have the rubber painted, not neat, but painted.

Then I realized a big mistake on the wheels of course AFTER I put them on 😩

The rubber is not complete rubber, but an internal steel ring is present. Found that in e reviewfor the kit. So have to repaint the rim section.

The tracks got a thin wash of AMMOs streaking grime that gave them a sublte mahagony tinge.

xll9kve2.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 4

Yes, should have stayed with the black rims. Had a look at the Type 59, black rims, but dust did more than enough to accentuate it.

It is not possible for me to cleanely paint the rims. Hope the panel liner will come to my aid. Speaking of Panel liner, while I had plenty of ideas what sort of washes etc. to use my eyes caught the Tamiya Panel Liner black bought a few weeks back out of desparation.

So gave it a try on the sideskirts and the  hull underside that looked rather boring. I am convinced now.

dtdrbea9.jpg

• Like 1