WNW Dolphin

GrahamB

That came out of left field!

Actually, WNW got it wrong - I'd just finished the drawings to do a conversion of the 1:28 Revell Camel to a Dolphin, using relevant bits from their Spad. If WNW had acted according to convention, they'd have waited until after I'd finished the conversion before they released theirs. How glad I am that they didn't comply with the rules! Guess what I'll be buying instead ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

That really does look the cat's pajamas. If I wasn't committed to 1/72 and 1/48 I'd be onto that in a flash. Guess I'll have to content myself with the Copper State offering for now.

Although I really am looking forward to seeing the progress pics for this once people start building it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devo said:

Yep, I just bought one:D, gotta love the RNAS sharkmouth scheme, that's the one I'll be doing.:penguin:

Hate to be picky (especially as I made the same mistake) according to the WNW instructions it is a wild boar not a shark!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bear Paw said:

Ok so the planning meeting went with the vote for the Dolphin at Wingnuts! A Dolphin is great subject but I wouldn’t have thought it was the top the list?  

Peter Jackson obviously fancied making one over the Christmas holidays :)

Interestingly the kit number (32073) is one of the missing numbers from the Sopwith Camel number sequence but there is still one more number missing (32075) from that sequence so does anyone fancy taking a guess what that kit will turn out to be?

BlackMike Models is now open to take pre-orders for the Dolphin, see my post in the Traders section for further details.

Duncan B

8 hours ago, Folkbox1 said:

Hate to be picky (especially as I made the same mistake) according to the WNW instructions it is a wild boar not a shark!

I gather Pheon are considering doing a decal sheet so the Shark might be included in it.

14 hours ago, Folkbox1 said:

Thankyou, I stand corrected! :yes:

Well, that's two of my three wishes dealt with (Snipe, Dolphin  . . . .), what's the chances of No. 3 turning up; a command car from a Zeppelin?  (Maybe with a little 1/350 scale [naval scale] kit of the whole thing as a side dish to put the command car into context?)

Edited by Dave Batt
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Folkbox1 said:

Fair enough - I imagine that a Dolphin would probably try and avoid a Shark!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Interestingly the kit number (32073) is one of the missing numbers from the Sopwith Camel number sequence but there is still one more number missing (32075) from that sequence so does anyone fancy taking a guess what that kit will turn out to be?

Duncan B

The Fokker Tri-plane featured in the Dolphin Box-art?

Davey

• Like 1

A new Dr.1 kit would be superb, especially as Pheon announced a while back that they are going to do a VERY extensive collection of DR.1 decals but Wingnuts tend to go for the 'never before seen in this scale' choices first.

• Like 2

I wouldn't get too excited about what's in the box art - there's a Dr.1 on the SE.5a and the wartime Bristol F.2b, both fairly early releases.  But of course, Sir Peter may well prove me wrong.

22 hours ago, Welkin said:

Fair enough - I imagine that a Dolphin would probably try and avoid a Shark!

Complete thread drift here but when I was a youth and an apprentice in the merchant navy I joined my first ship in Singapore with a Chinese Crew.  They told me that just before I joined the ship they had been fishing for sharks (basically a bloody big hook with a lump of meat on it) whilst anchored somewhere amongst some pacific islands.  A shark was going for the baited hook when a dolphin swam at it and shooed the shark away from the hook so the crew didn't get their shark's fin soup.

• Like 1