PlaStix's Brush Painted 2017 - updated with the Panzer III

PlaStix

On 23/12/2017 at 06:21, SimonL said:

Fabulous collection. Love the mossie vignette.

Hi Simon. Thank you very much for your comments. I have to admit that the Mosquito vignette was one of my favourite builds of the year.

I hope you and yours have a Very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 23/12/2017 at 21:31, SimonT said:

Awesome stuff Stix, I’d missed your Panther build somehow. Another masterpiece!

Hi Simon. Thank you very much for your kind comments and I hope you have a Very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 24/12/2017 at 01:10, Lightningboy2000 said:

Who needs an airbrush, when you can brush paint like that! Glad to see a fellow brush painter giving it some! Love your in flight Mossie!

Martin

Hi Martin. Thank you very much for your very kind comments and Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Stix 

That is a great collection of armoured subjects Stix, all of them are beautifully finished and photographed. But having witnessed the work that you put into building it, the Mossie and Howitzer scene would be my personal favourite.

On 24/12/2017 at 03:33, Hewy said:

A fine years modelling, thats a great collection 

Glynn 

Hi Glynn and thank you very much for your kind comments.

I hope you have a Very happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 24/12/2017 at 04:02, 06/24 said:

Love the eclectic mix of scales and subjects, beautiful finishes and sheer talent on display here. Bravo @PlaStix

Hi 06/24. Thank you very much for your very kind comments - you are most kind! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 24/12/2017 at 18:41, FrancisGL said:

As a mate says, a great little collection, and the Yak-3 is magnificent (the engine is superb, and yes, I love airplanes too :innocent:...)

Best Regards Stix :cheers:

Hi Francis and thank you very much as always for your very kind comments. The Yak-3 was a great kit to build and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The reason I ended up with it on the ground, rather than in flight, was because of how nicely detailed the engine was out of the box. When I started to get seriously back into modelling, after a long break, I gravitated towards aircraft but then I discovered I also really enjoyed making AFVs! To be fair it was partly @Sgt.Squarehead's fault - he really helped me with my first foray into armour builds and made it easier than it would have been otherwise. I still like building aircraft but I think armour takes preference at the moment. I have a couple of aircraft builds planned for the year ahead though.

Thank you again and Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

I'm rather speechless here, Stix. You keep topping yourself in terms of quality of your builds, attention to detail and superb realism. The only problem is that you devote too much of this to tanks :D:D No, just kidding,  a great production all round :worthy::worthy: My fab is the YAK 3, closely followed by the Mossie :clap:

Happy New Year!

Ciao

On 28/12/2017 at 15:29, Badder said:

I'm always amazed how you can keep churning out stuff of that quality, so fast! Yeah, I too missed a couple of your masterpieces, the Panther for example. And I come on BM every day (barring DNS failures, updates, and cyber-attacks) so how did I miss that one? 

Superb work as always. Yet again I will compliment your dioramas, and more specifically your groundwork. Your grasses and flowers make me very envious!

A great year for the Stix then.

I'm going to post my yearbook, which won't feature a single vehicle or figure of any sort! Does 'a scratch-built tree' or 'an extended MiniArt building' meet the requirements for inclusion in a yearbook? :think:

Have a great new year and I will see you in the M4A3 GB!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder. Hope you are well. Just catching up with some of the posts on here. Thank you very much for your very kind comments - you are way too kind. Don't worry about missing stuff here on BM. It's such a vast place and there's new stuff appearing all the time. I frequently realise I have missed stuff - even from modellers I try to follow! This is why these yearbook posts are good to catch up with people's output fairly quickly. I think your yearbook is superb by the way!

I'm looking forward to another year of trying to keep up with your output - even if it does change quite frequently! ;)

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 28/12/2017 at 21:54, clive_t said:

Plainly you've had a prolific year at your bench, with some stunning quality from which I have drawn much inspiration. 

Thank you very much Clive - that is very kind of you. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 29/12/2017 at 11:19, wellsprop said:

Love the Mossie, Stix! :D

Thank you very much. It was one of my favourite builds from the year.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 30/12/2017 at 11:08, AdrianMF said:

Great collection and lovely brushwork!

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian and thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 31/12/2017 at 11:36, AndyRM101 said:

A fantastic collection Stix. Great work.

Andy:cat:

Thank you for your very kind comments Andy. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 03/01/2018 at 00:32, Newbie(kinda) said:

A great collection of builds (even if I'd prefer to see more wings than wheels!) and superb brushwork; as always. The Mossie gets my vote this year...hard to believe it's 1/72. Thanks for sharing...

Thank you very much for your most kind comments. I used to make more aircraft until I discovered the joys of building AFVs. I still enjoy making aircraft but tanks are my favourite.......at the moment. I currently have one, possibly two, aircraft builds planned for this year. The Mossie vignette was also one of my favourite projects of last year. It was one of those projects where the idea I originally had turned out to be possible!.....it doesn't always happen......

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 03/01/2018 at 19:38, nimrod54 said:

That is a great collection of armoured subjects Stix, all of them are beautifully finished and photographed. But having witnessed the work that you put into building it, the Mossie and Howitzer scene would be my personal favourite.

Hi John. Hope you are well. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. The Mossie vignette does seem to have been popular and, as I have mentioned before, it was a really fun project to do.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2018 at 15:28, Blitz23 said:

Incredible builds, love that Mosquito diorama and especially like your Panther and whitewash Panzer!

Hi Blitz and thank you very much for your comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/01/2018 at 15:54, Navy Bird said:

What an amazing collection! And all brush painted - I doff my cap, sir. You are an artist.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill. Hope you are well. Sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much - you are most kind! :thumbsup:

I am going to attempt to make a video of how I do my brush painting in the near future.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 1 month later...

If you are interested in seeing how I paint my models I have made a video - a link to which can be found in my signature below. Another video is in progress showing how I start some of the weathering processes I use - I'll update this thread when it's available.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Just now, PlaStix said:

If you are interested in seeing how I paint my models I have made a video - a link to which can be found in my signature below. Another video is in progress showing how I start some of the weathering processes I use - I'll update this thread when it's available.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

I totally forgot you mentioned about a video, so thanks for reminding me! Off to have a look now.

Hope you and yours are well,

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2018 at 00:22, Badder said:

Hi Stix,

I totally forgot you mentioned about a video, so thanks for reminding me! Off to have a look now.

Hope you and yours are well,

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder. Yes we are well thank you and I hope you and yours are well too. Thank you for taking the time to watch the video. I'm still struggling to find the time to edit the next one. I decided not to film too much this time but it's resulted in lots of short clips to string together. Oh well........there will be another video at some point.

Kind regards,

Stix