"CAT with a hot tin roof" The Academy 1/72 PBY-5 Catalina "BLACK CAT" RFI bigger and, well bigger!

Hello dear friends.

I present you with my latest build that has been completed for the float plane group build that can be found here.

(link to add)

I ended up taking quit a lot more pics than needed hence this post but I though I'd share anyway. Hopefully you'll like them.

We have for you today the....

Catalina PBY-5 "BLACK CAT" by Academy.

She has been a venture into black paint schemes, salt weathering and many more new techniques that I'll strap in the old brain box for future builds.

The WIP can be found here.

WIP

And the Gallery for the GB can be found here.

Gallery

I have also managed to squeeze in an RFI for my last build of the HPO400 "Last Days" that can be found here if you're interested.

HP O/400 RFI

Without further annoyance from my jabbering here she is.

AAAAAnd there you go.

Thank you fellow Britmodellers for letting me once again indulge my flights of fancy and post about a zillion pics of my latest endeavours into plastic and lead shot.

Hope you have a great Sunday.   I need to choose a new kit to build over Chrimbleton.  Merry Christmas to you all.

Johnny Cat. 

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 35

Hello Spad !

Very nice little pussy !

Whatever, nobody's will ban you from using the same little emoticon huh !

Impressive techniques of modelling, still a lot to learn from your experiments !

Thank again for the Flory !

Still a pleasure and Congratulations :partytime:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That's really nice. Trouble is you've put me off doing mine now. Don't think I'll be able to do it justice after seeing yours.

Thanks but please don’t let this build put you off. She’s a great bird to build. Just remember the nose weight. ;)

Jont.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gazza l said:

Nicely done, she looks very realistic with all your new found techniques.

Now, where are you going to put it? It must take up a lot of room!

gazza l 

Thanks. She is now sitting in my glass cabinet thing, which I supposed to keep the dust out. :huh:

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Spad !

Very nice little pussy !

Whatever, nobody's will ban you from using the same little emoticon huh !

Impressive techniques of modelling, still a lot to learn from your experiments !

Thank again for the Flory !

Still a pleasure and Congratulations :partytime:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

More than welcome CC I think I’ll leave the cat icon for this build. Nice little reminder. :cat:

2 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice.

Mine now sits on a plasticard cradle as the undercarriage couldn't cope with all the nose weight...

Ah man that’s a pity. I wrestled with the sitting right up until the end. How can they sell this kit and not mention nose weight? Madness.

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Man, she's huge!! :frantic:

Excellent result, Johnny Cat! :worthy::clap: It was total fun following along your WIP :thumbsup:

Ciao

I’ve made bigger but yes she is a beast. Glad you had fun G.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Spadgent said:

Thanks but please don’t let this build put you off. She’s a great bird to build. Just remember the nose weight. ;)

Jont.

I was actually thinking of attempting a small dio with the Cat taking off from water. Still mulling this over.

• Like 1

Lovely looking build and aircraft. Some great pics in there. 

I remember reading a Commando book when I was a little lad called Beware the Black Cats, you may have nudged me into making my Catalina over Christmas. 

All the best, Martin

• Like 1